Associate SQL Developer
Junior SQL Developer, MS SQL Server, SSIS/SSRS, RDMS
Our global client is seeking an Associate SQL Developer with MS SQL Server (and possibly some SSIS/SSRS) experience, reporting to the IT Information Systems Manager, to improve, maintain and support Microsoft SQL Server databases which drive the business processes.
This will include designing new database structures, data migration, initial database configuration, performance tuning of production databases and operational support of live systems
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop data migration and integration solutions
- Deliver report and dashboard solutions
- Support the application development team
- Capable of performance monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning
- Ongoing maintenance of our existing business solutions
- Support Monitoring System applications Maintain comprehensive documentation detailing changes made to System software
- Work with IT Developers to support and enhance systems
- Work with other teams and colleagues to define, design and provide the best possible service to our customers
- Manage own workload and work with the relevant colleagues and customers to prioritize enhancements
- Ensure all work is carried out with reference to the IT department work instructions and standards following industry best practice.
- Develop and maintain a sound working knowledge of the client?s business and business processes
- Provide support, including out-of-hours support in critical incidents and participation in an on-call support rota.
- Degree in a computing related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, math, engineering, natural science) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Practical SQL Server experience including SQL Server 2008 R2 or above
- RDBMS Fundamentals
- Experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools; SSIS and SSRS
- MS Office skills
- Experience of programming
- Basic Windows Server experience
- Experience working with Azure / AWS
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511017