Network and Gateways Security Architect
Network and Gateways Security Architect
Contract Duration: 4+ Months Initially with possible extension
- The successful candidate will be;
- o an experienced HMG IA professional with a technical or security design assurance background, or
- o an experienced Enterprise Architect with a strong background in security components and HMG Information Assurance
- o experienced in Gateway architecture with technical knowledge of CISCO and other gateway technology
- You will possess strong communications, relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills.
- You will need to demonstrate high credibility, discretion, and integrity in order that you can work effectively with senior MoJ leaders and stakeholders.
- You will have basic knowledge of current laws and legal constraints relevant to IA in the Government/Public Sector IT ? e.g. Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act
- You will have an analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
- You will be able to absorb new technical, commercial and business concepts quickly, and work with them.
- You will be able to obtain information from business people in face to face situations, and to analyse information obtained by a variety of formal and informal means.
- Requires good information acquisition, organisational awareness and vision coupled with technical skills to guide and communicate information assurance and security principles to the business.
- You will have detailed technical security knowledge of telecommunications/IT and current products/technology.
- An understanding of service provision within an outsourced ICT environment.
- You will have good working knowledge of HMG IA Accreditation.
- You will have a good understanding of central government department ICT systems and policies
- You will have an understanding of ICT related technology and how physical, technical, procedural and personnel security can be used to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- You will have extensive knowledge and understanding of HMG IA standards and how they apply to ICT systems.
- You will have good working knowledge of applicable industry payment standards e.g. PCI-DSS.
- You will demonstrate leadership qualities and be capable of managing resources or a team of people.
- You will hold a current Government Security Clearance ? minimum SC or willing to undergo security vetting
- Familiarity with the Cross government IT policies
- Understanding of the Government and working in the justice system;
- Demonstrated awareness of the social, environmental and corporate impact of ICT;
- Understanding of the organisation's IT/Information Systems plans, business objectives and some awareness of comparable organisations.
- Overall understanding of the skills or business units serviced by the IT areas supported.
- Educated to degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification. May have a postgraduate qualification such as an MSc in Information Security.
- Familiarity with PRINCE2 project management practice.
- Familiarity the TOGAF Framework 9.1
- Familiarity with OSA (Open Security Architecture).
- Familiarity with SABSA (Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture)
- Member of IISP or similar governance body
- MBCS CITP
- Membership to at least one of the three CESG CCP certification bodies. Indicating CESG Certified Professional ? IA Architect/Security and Information risk advisor (either current or pending award)
- A.Inst.ISP ? Associate of the Institute of Information Security Professionals Institute of Information Security Professionals
- M.Inst.ISP ? Member of the Institute of Information Security Professionals Institute of Information Security Professionals
- Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (Foundation) Information Systems Examination Board
- Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (Practitioner) Information Systems Examination Board
- CISM ? Certified Information Security Manager ISACA
- CISSP ? Certified Information Systems Security Professional International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium
- Degree in Information Security
- Masters Degree in Information Security
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502397