Rail assurance contract engineer
Rail assurance engineer - contract role based in Fleet Place EC4M 7RB or Derby
As Rail assurance engineer you will lead the delivery of MMRA's core activities and related services on a project basis and be responsible for delivery in accordance with applicable requirements to the satisfaction of the customer.
Main Role Activities:
Produce technical reports and certificates in line with defined procedures.
Responsibility for planning, organising and delivering projects to strict budgets and timeframes.
Develop a working understanding of the relevant legislation and regulations required to deliver projects.
Proposal development based on customer requirements, regulations and specifications.
Technical review of customer enquiries, inspection reports and proposals.
Liaise with customers
Other activities may include:
Review of design submissions, test plans and commissioning activities.
Development of core business opportunities through networking. There may also be a need to travel to other locations (company or client, office or site) within the UK and overseas.
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience:
1) Good level of engineering industry experience.
2) Exposure to engineering project work.
3) A track record of working within a regulatory technical environment.
4) Experience of working with engineering standards and specifications, ideally within the Rail industry or similar.
5) Engineering project management.
6) Experience of technical audits and inspections to formally recognised requirements.
7) Experience of producing technical reports and certificates in line with defined procedures.
8) Dedicated and able to develop business opportunities through networking.
9) Understand legislation and the role of engineering standards within industry.
Desirable experience of some or all of the following:
Experience in interpreting legislation and contract law
Common Safety Methods and application on assurance and safety engineering projects
Knowledge of Railway Interoperability Regulations and the application of TSIs and NNTRs.
Experience of working with recognised inspection procedures.
Risk and Safety management systems.
Asset Management inspection experience.
A rail domain discipline such as Rolling Stock, Signalling, etc.
Membership of Engineering Institute.
1) Attention to detail.
2) Willingness to learn.
3) Use of corporate document management system.
4) Effective project management and delivery skills.
5) Commercially aware.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505124