Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer - Space Systems
£30,000 - £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
A Bristol based Software Company is looking for a Software Test Engineer to work within their space division. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, ambitious and able software engineer to join their Satellite Ground Systems development teams.
The Software Test Engineer role will include working directly with the software development teams to implement the detailed test programme and support deployment and testing at the integration site and ultimately at the spacecraft control centres. The role will involve:
- Working as part of the team to support integration and testing of software sub-systems
- Development of Automated tests and associated test tools
- Support and management of a continuous integration environment to ensure that software sub-systems are regularly and thoroughly tested.
- Support for analysis and corrective maintenance of software anomalies
- Direct interaction with customers to support systems testing and higher levels of integration
- Travel to the customer site, as required, to assist with testing, provide support or training.Proven candidates will have the opportunity to contribute more widely to the Space Division and develop and grow within the company taking on leadership roles where appropriate. Verification and Validation is an important and growing part of our business, spanning not only the ground segment but also embedded systems, as well as the validation of autonomous systems. We value individuals with the ability, initiative, ambition and willingness to help shape our business.
- The candidate must have a software engineering or software test background with experience of formal test programmes including verification and validation
- An understanding and appreciation of good software development practices is essential including the use of source code management systems and project standards/guidelines.
- Excellent communication (fluent in English) and stakeholder management
- Experience in the use of JUnit and JBehave
- Understanding and experience of Continuous Integration
- Understanding of verification and validation, particularly from a customer perspective
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Security Clearance desirable
- Willingness to travel to customer sites
If the above opportunity is of interest to you and you don't want to miss out please do not hesitate to get in contact with Kieran Gibney at Sanderson Recruitment on ************ or ******************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502227