Linux Software Engineer
Linux Software Engineer
The company is part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, they make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why they want talented people, like you, to join them and help make the future happen.
Exciting new opportunities have arisen for experienced individuals to join the Brentwood based team as Senior Software Engineers within a new project execution team.
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test
- Software Component Integration, writing and debugging code.
- Take responsibility for delivery of software features to the committed schedule.
- Track individual defect fixes or new developments against the schedule and provide status reports to the team leader.
- Identify technical changes necessary to achieve a specific requirement.
- Take responsibility for the quality of your own code.
- Escalate, where necessary, project and technical conflicts.
Technical Skills Required:
- Evidence of practical achievements in the application of one or more of the following skill and knowledge sets -
- Excellent knowledge of applying C in a multitasking embedded environment.
- Linux development and POSIX standards.
- Real Time Operating Systems.
- Defect database tracking and maintenance.
- Software architecture and design.
- DVB, XSI, DSS Digital TV standards.
- Strong team player. Enjoys collaborative working.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A self-motivated person who can work in a demanding environment to strict time lines.
- Creative, innovative thinker with good problem solving skills.
- Meticulous and thorough with a healthy respect for quality and standards.
- Proven software engineering experience with a sound appreciation of all aspects of the software life cycle.
- Ability to analyse and improve working practises within the team as well as the products developed.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505033