Test Lead - Permanent - Glasgow
Harvey Nash are recruiting a Test Lead to join a growing company on a permanent basis to work on a project Glasgow. Candidates should however be flexible and able to work in Edinburgh if required. The role will involve leading a testing team, whilst also working in a hands-on testing role, therefore all applicants must be willing to cover both areas of responsibility.
* Managing the day to day testing of a number of work streams simultaneously, and the day to day activities of the test team
* Mentoring the team in the test design and planning process
* Coordinating test planning through producing time and resource estimates
* Representing the test team at work stream meetings
* Producing status updates and MI reports for the Test Manager when required
* Logging and highlighting any potential risks that may impact on project delivery
* Providing test completion reports
* Keeping up to date with current testing best practice and design techniques.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and will ensure that they provide direction and leadership to their team. You will have the ability to delegate tasks to your team and to monitor their performance and provide mentoring support when required. In addition you will hold the following experience and skills:
* A strong software testing background, which experience leading a team or acting as a senior team member
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
* ISEB/ISTQB certification is highly desirable
* The ability to lead a team of test analysts
* The ability to utilise static and dynamic testing techniques, covering both functional and non-functional requirements
* A strong understanding of a variety of testing tools such as ALM and QTP
* Change management experience
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Financial services experience is desirable.
The successful Test Lead will be joining a growing test team where there is the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of clients including some of the largest financial services and banking clients in Scotland. In addition, the client offers an excellent salary and a benefits package, please forward a copy of your up-to-date CV or contact Aaron Hamilton on ************* for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959506554