Desktop Support Technician
Desktop Support Technician- Bristol
About the role
To provide on-site 2nd and 3rd line operating system and software support for all supported devices including desktops and laptop. To also provide the hands and eyes for investigating incidents that require site attendance; these include network or printer or telephony and local servers.
In addition to on-site support you will provide remote assistance to clients working away from site. You will also coordinate with other resolving teams to bring about resolutions within SLAs. The role will require Customer support across various sites. Main base will be Bristol, but some travel may be required.
About Capita | Enterprise Services
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
Enterprise Services solutions address the 'workplace of the future' and are designed to facilitate the mobility and productivity of employees, irrespective of their location or the device they're using. Enabling smarter use of corporate and personal devices by combining the best blend of devices, security services and productivity applications we improve productivity and user satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Investigate and resolve complex incidents / problems, working with the customer, other teams and vendors where necessary in line with priority/business impact, ensuring SLAs are met.
- Build and maintain excellent customer relationships with all clients and effectively manage challenging situations.
- Ensure accurate and detailed event recording in incident handling system.
- Ensuring adherence to and maintenance of defined policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and producing documentation for support procedures.
- Liaise with third party software/hardware suppliers or maintenance suppliers where necessary.
- Provide technical input to internal project and service teams.
- Any other relevant duties as requested by line management.
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up to date asset management details in the shared CMDB as a result of any changes. In particular assets not identified automatically (by LANDesk/SCCM) e.g. repairs, equipment stores ("Gold stock" and loan/bookable equipment)
- Scheduling visits to other customer sites if remote resolution is not possible and attendance on the DR test in Bristol.
- Manage equipment spares.
- On receipt of a new Kit (desktop, Laptop), ensure that the kit has the right built/profile, asset tag as per the defined processes.
- Contact end users to arrange the delivery of the kit
Your experience will include:
- 2nd and 3rd line desktop support experience.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office Applications and supporting Office 365.
- Active Directory administration (Users and Computers).
- A good understanding of Network support including wireless technologies.
- Hardware support for desktops, laptops and printers.
- Working knowledge of the Service Management and other system/desktop management toolsets (endpoint management solutions, LANDesk, SCCM etc.)
- Driving License
Desired Experience/Skills /Certification
- MSCA Windows 7 or 8.
- ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Consistent provider of excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Ability to liaise effectively with other support teams and 3rd parties to bring about solutions to problems collaboratively.
- Proactive individual who can identify areas where service improvements can be made and suggest ways in which systems can be improved.
- Ability to explain technical problems in a simple way.
- A team player who enjoys sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Ability to produce high quality written documentation.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Effective problem resolution skills.
- Ability to achieve targets as agreed by your manager.
- Willingness to work flexibly and at other locations within reasonable travelling distance as and when required.
- Willingness to provide out of hours support for office moves.
- Physical lifting and movement of IT equipment.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501601