International Service Engineer - Industrial Machinery
This globally recognised leader of specialist industrial heating equipment is currently seeking an electrically biased Field Service Engineer to join their team. Working from your home base, you will be required to travel internationally to install commission and repair high power (1kW-4MW) heating equipment used in a wide variety of industrial processes worldwide.
We are seeking a person who is flexible, out-going, technically motivated and interested in a high level of Customer Service. You will be well organised and able to communicate effectively with senior management, both internal and external. You will have experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment servicing and commissioning special purpose machines or capital equipment. Responsible to the Customer Services Manager via the Technical Co-ordinator working within a dedicated Customer Service team.
To be successful in the role of International Service Engineer, the ideal candidate -
- Must be willing to travel. Working mostly overseas is a fundamental requirement and you should expect to be working away approximately 60% of the time and the majority of installations will require that you are able and willing to be away from home for two to three months at a time.
- Will hold a minimum of HNC or HND level in electrical/electronics or a high degree of technical ability.
- Will have some experience of Siemens S7
- Will have a wide range of general mechanical skills.
- Must have good familiarity with oscilloscopes and all types of electrical test equipment.
- Will have knowledge of one or more of the following: motor control, U.P.S. or large power supplies.
- Knowledge of radio-frequencies, EMC, mechanical handling and water cooling systems would be useful.
On offer -
- Base of £26,700
- Car allowance of £4,800
- Overtime and allowances (OTE of c£45k)
- Full product training will be given. The portfolio of products are partly mechanical and often contain; motor drive components, an induction heating stage, a water quenching or cooling stage and an overall control system.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Working for a professional company with a strong support network.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484475