Michael Page are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant for an exciting company based in the Cleveland area, the role is a full time, permanent role.
The client are an industry leader in their field, looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their finance function.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure financial records are accurate and up to date
- Provide financial information to management in a regular and timely manner
- Maintaining and up keeping the accounting records of the organisation and associated organisations
- Monthly review of all control accounts, ensure all are balances and roll over the Nominal Ledger following the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- The process of staff wages on a monthly basis.
- Liaising with HMRC with any relevant matters
- Processing year end payroll
- The preparation Management and Financial Accounts including profit and loss account and balance sheets
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Provide support to Directors
- Liaise with external auditors
- Assist in the administration and management of the company's investment properties
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong background within management accounts and financial accounts
- Qualified accountant, with a minimum of 3 years PQE in financial accounting department
- Working Knowledge of VAT
- Experience in preparing statutory accounts (UK GAAP & IFRS)
- Background with Balance Sheet Management, including preparation of supporting
- Knowledge of overseas tax matters and statutory accounts audits would be also be advantageous
- Background in designing and implementing process improvements & controls.
Excellent salary + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504159