Work closely with the Engineering Shift Supervisor, taking responsibility & ownership for delivering a high quality engineering service in support of the achievement of operational goals of the site.
- Diagnosis, resolution and elimination of root causes of engineering faults
- Design, trial and implementation of minor equipment modifications in support of increased performance
- Completion of all scheduled, planned corrective, reactive and improvement maintenance as allocated
- Support to the implementation of permit to work system for control of contractor / internal activities within defined work area
- Ensure completion of equipment diaries, handover records, incident reports. Completion of notifications & Work orders within SAP PM for all work allocated to team. Raise purchase orders where required
- Attendance and input to all relevant operational, engineering and CI meetings.
- Meet with engineering shift supervisor at start and end of shift to agree operational and engineering priorities.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of allocated annual equipment overhauls.
- Work collaboratively with all adjacent teams (PCs, Shift Managers Quality and Technical Ops) to resolve issues rapidly and drive improvement.
Good knowledge of engineering principles and their practical application through industry standard generic components.
- Practical engineering skills including hand tools and machine tools.
- Awareness of the practical implications of all relevant Statutory legislation (PUWER, EAWA, Supply Of Machinery Regs, Functional Safety, pressure regs, gas regs, CDM etc)
- Planning skills for allocated work
- Working knowledge of Internal risk management standards - PTW (WAH, Hot, Confined, LOTO / Isolation, Chemical)
- Data analysis and identification of trends.
- Understanding of CI Methodologies and the associated tools (1 from Lean, 6 Sigma, TPM etc)
- Ability to read technical drawings
Exceptional Fault Finding Skills including knowledge of structured Fault Finding Techniques (6 Point, 1/2 Split, Substitution, I/P to O/P, Emergence Seq)
- Previous experience of working within a similar FMCG manufacturing / factory engineering department
- Strong interpersonal and developed communication skills
- Decisive, pro-active, self motivated and assertive
- Internal customer focus with the ability to adapt to the variable demands of the business
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution
- Ability to work under own supervision
- Ability to influence, persuade and lead at all levels of the business
- Appropriate Technical Qualification (C&G Minimum, BTEC ONC / TEC 3 or higher preferred)
- IEE 17th Edition
- Completion of a recognised Apprenticeship
- IT literate - Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good analytical and numeric ability
- IOSH qualification (Preferred)
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- SAP user / Superuser
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485901