Innovate UK is the UK's innovation agency. Innovate UK works with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy - delivering productivity, new jobs and exports. Our aim at Innovate UK is to keep the UK globally competitive in the race for future prosperity.
The Business change team at Innovate UK provides operational support across the business for all our IT applications and services. Working closely with IT and the respective functional areas, the business change team delivers the change portfolio across the business.
You will work within the digital function of the Business Improvement and Change team, supporting cross functional teams to deliver our digital services in line with Government Digital Service (GDS) standards. You will:
- Drive the UX process and its implementation for Innovate UK.
- Work to generate the feedback and insight to build a clear picture of the service users and deliver solutions that they need.
- Support product owners by generating new and useful user insights and translating it into features and actions that will allow them to iteratively improve their service for users.
- Be part of the large GDS community creating best practice in government services.
The Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the role will include:
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of our digital services
- Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test, analysis and report writing
- Conducting in-house research (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
- Working with Service Managers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
- Working closely with developers to turn test data into actionable user stories
- Designing, scripting and analysing ad-hoc quantitative surveys
- Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- Managing day-to-day operations with a range of usability and market research agencies with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverables
- Promoting user-centred design principles and best practice within Innovate UK
- Maintain expertise with Government Digital Service design patterns and standards and keep regular contact with key stakeholders in government to build good working relationships
- Deliver ad-hoc project work as directed by senior management
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Thursday 23rd November 2017.
For more information please visit our careers portal by clicking on the "how to apply" button below.
ARC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959506460