IT Support Analyst
IT Support Analyst
An opportunity for a customer focused IT Support Analyst has become available at a Central London based campus of an extremely reputable higher education establishment. This role is a senior role in the desktop, application and end user support team, and in addition to supporting both staff and students, there will be a requirement for the successful applicant to mentor less experienced team members.
The key responsibilities and objectives of the IT Support Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Providing the 1st and 2nd line of IT support in person, by phone and via remote connection. The role may require occasional travel to other London campuses.
- Providing support to the desktop and related application environment
- Undertaking basic server administration duties such as the administration of users via Active Directory, server backups and application/antivirus deployment
- Supporting desktop related hardware and peripherals such as printers, laptops, audio visual and telephony systems.
- Operating within a service management environment that aspires to the ITIL framework
- Departmental administration such as asset tracking, inventory, software licensing and documenting incidents
To be suitable for this IT Support Analyst role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar IT Support Analyst, Desktop support or 2nd line technical support role
- Supporting the latest/recent versions of Microsoft operating systems and applications such as Windows 7/10 and MS Office/O365
- Using Active Directory to add users to groups, apply/restrict permissions and control user rights
- Experience deploying applications/anti-virus/patches across a network. Experience with SCCM would be of particular interest
- Troubleshooting network/internet connectivity issues
- Some experience mentoring a more junior IT Support Analyst or team member.
- Using service management tools and working to ITIL service management principles
- Supporting hardware and PC peripherals
- A related degree or professional qualifications
In addition to the basic salary this role also offers a very generous holiday allowance, pension scheme and other benefits.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77568411