Export / Import Licensing Administrator
Job Title: Export / Import Licensing Administrator
Req ID: 105816BR
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK are seeking an Export / Import Licensing Administrator to join the team at Glenrothes, supporting the Global Trade Manager with Export and Import tasks as listed below.
- To ensure compliance with United Kingdom export / import (EXIM) control regulations and company policies and procedures.
- To ensure compliance with United States and other nation export / import control regulations.
- To undertake all aspects of import and export related activity as required.
- To build relations and interface with Supply Chain Management, finance department and freight forwarders etc.
- To undertake import checks for licensing approvals, customs requirements ensuring correct cost prices, commodity codes, delivery and payment terms are being used.
- To provide import clearance instructions to freight providers.
- To undertake the administration of import & export registers.
- To undertake general support activity of all aspects of the Global Trade Operations team.
- To undertake the filing and management of EXIM records.
- Reconciliation and approval of freight invoices, Intrastat, ONS & HMRC reporting.
- Provide coverage of other roles within the department during absences and busy periods.
- Support the development and implementation of improved processes using Six Sigma and other lean tools.
- Import / Export experience and be conversant with customs procedures.
- Knowledge of total shipping process e.g. packaging, dispatch, Government regulations, invoicing etc.
- Ability to work in a quickly changing environment and have the ability to multi task and communicate at various levels within and outside of the Company.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to integrate and contribute within a team environment.
- Detail oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of commodity coding and tariff classification.
- Working knowledge of duty deferment processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge or understanding of the UK Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) and export licensing system ? SPIRE.
- Working knowledge or experience in shipping against Open General Export Licences (OGELs) and Standard Individual Export Licences (SIELs)
- Awareness of the International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) regulations and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Experienced in working with policies and procedures in a compliance driven environment
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505678