Surveillance Field Systems Engineer
As a Surveillance Field Systems Engineer you will conducting Commissioning, Harbour Acceptance and Sea Acceptance test for Naval and Security Systems. My client is a world leader in the development, manufacture and supply of maritime navigation, surveillance and security radar systems
- Conduct setting to work, Commissioning, Harbour Acceptance and Sea Acceptance test for Naval and Security Systems.
- Carry out service interventions as directed
- Carry out pre-installation ship surveys and site surveys for SBS/Naval and produce detailed reports.
- Participate is SBS, Naval and Security Trials and Testing activities to characterise and prove system capabilities.
- Complete short training courses as part of a setting to work / commissioning exercise as required.
- When required participate in technical meetings and provide a technical liaison with Sales team / customers.
- Communicate effectively with line management any information relating to technical issues.
- Completing Service reports and other documentation to the standard required by Line Management in a timely manner.
- On occasions be prepared to work in excess of the normal 37 hour week or anti-social hours whilst observing contractual obligations.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a regular feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of OND qualified preferably HND in an Electronics field
- Experience in an Electronics servicing environment, preferably Marine orientated
- Proven track record in demonstrating knowledge of electronics in a 'hands on' discipline
- Excellent communication skills both technically and socially with the ability to interact at all levels within the organisation.
- Sound knowledge of computers including hardware and software with the ability to use various software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Full clean driving licence
- Valid passport
Due to the nature of work undertaken, applicants will be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level. Incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens
Job title: Surveillance Field Systems Engineer
Locations: North London
Keywords: Electronics, Naval, Maritime, Systems, Sea Trials, Trials, Testing, Commissioning
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484247