Principal Avionics Systems Engineer
Cobham Aviation Services has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Avionics Systems Engineer to join our business. The Principle Engineer is responsible for applying discipline domain expertise to the design, development and delivery new products processes and technologies. You will typically be part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) and will contribute to the performance of the IPT.
As Technical lead of an IPT you will be the responsible engineer for a project, program or product development. Responsible for the delivery of a technically compliant solutions within the required project objectives (quality, technical performance, schedule and budget) and in compliance with the required standards, processes and practices (e.g. Life Cycle Management, Standard Operating Framework for Engineering and ITAR). The Principle Engineer will be expected to lead the engineering team and to be the technical point of contact for the project internally and externally. This position is based in Christchurch, Bournemouth
As a Principal Avionics Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Complete lifecycle: System requirements, architecture, design, integration, qualification, verification, production and support
- Experience in Electronic warfare (Radar, Communications systems) ECM, ESM, RWR, DF systems, specification and/or design
- Design experience and/or appreciation of some of the following areas:
o RF and wideband antenna Systems
o Analogue, Digital and power supply Electronics design
o Embedded Software, Firmware and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience in Design, development lifecycle from concept and requirements capture thru system architecture, Design Specification, ICD to system integration, verification and liaising with production.
- Having had responsibility for design tasks and review processes.
- Quality control of design lifecycle processes - AS9100
- Tools: Matlab/Simulink, UML modelling, OrCAD, FPGA Design Suite, Software Development Kit, PSpice, configuration control tools.
- Having experience in some of the following electronics technology and interfaces, RF Up/down conversion, DRFM, wideband ADC DAC, Ethernet 1G/10G, PCIexpress, RS232/422, UART, SPI, I2C, etc
- Experience with Laboratory test equipment: Spectrum Analyser, Signal Analyser, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope, DVM
- Exposure to the following ILS, Security, EMC, LVD, TEMPEST, RoHS, WEEE, DO-178, DO-160
- Experience of platform integration and design certification and of working with an EASA 21J / DAOS Design Organization.
As Principal Avionics Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Application of discipline domain knowledge to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes and technologies on time, within budget and with required quality.
- Continued development of discipline competence and expertise.
- Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework, LCM and regulatory requirements.
- Identification of opportunities for improvement in discipline processes, practices and tools.
- Collaboration with other project team members to address project requirements.
- Collaboration with discipline peers within the team, BU and company to share and learn best practise.
- Propose new technologies, materials and processes to maintain and grow our technology differentiations.
- Propose and develop new products.
- Contribute to business winning technical proposals
About Cobham Aviation Services
Cobham Special Mission, which is part of Cobham Aviation Services, provides customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
Cobham Special Mission uses highly customised aircraft to conduct border protection and surveillance operations in Australia and the UK, as well as providing operational readiness training through electronic warfare training for the UK Ministry of Defence. It's also a leading supplier of flight inspection services.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959506450