Assistant Finance Controller - Hotel Sector
Assistant Finance Controller - Hotel - ACCA - Central London - £30,000 to £35,000
Your new company
A 4* Hotel based in Mayfair are currently recruiting for a new Assistant Financial Controller to join the business on a permanent basis.
Your new role
To supervise the efficient running and organization of the Accounts Department to deputise for the Cluster Financial Controller. Your main duties will involve the following:
- Responsible for revenues received and their breakdown by ensuring that a sound internal control is maintained.
- Responsible for daily, weekly & monthly reporting to head office and local management within the timescales set.
- To supervise the reconciliation of all bank accounts and ensure that monthly cash counts of all floats are carried out.
- To organise and participate, from time to time, in all inventory counts to ensure that each count is accurate and that the count is recorded correctly in the accounting books. To ensure that the counts of food, beverage and tobacco stock are accurately recorded each month.
- To ensure that all Balance Sheet Reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis, for the Financial Controller's review.
- To ensure that the Guest and Sales Ledgers are in balance on a daily basis and that all PM Accounts are reviewed.
- To assist in the preparation of daily, weekly & monthly forecasts and annual budget.
- To ensure finance runs to month-end timetables and that all financial records for the hotel are maintained in an accurate and proper way as defined by company policies and procedures and legal requirements.
- To assist the Financial Controller in the control of Capital Expenditure and to monitor the projects
- To maintain the Hotels' contracts and licence files.
- To assist in payroll processing as and when required by the Financial Controller.
- Close liaison with ASC on queries and reporting.
- To assist in improving financial control through best practice and ensure that high standards of professional integrity are maintained.
- To ensure purchase orders and goods receipting is performed on a timely basis and adherence to strict purchasing policy at all times.
- To review at month end all accruals and prepayments for accuracy.
- To perform any other duties as and when required by the Financial Controller.
- To be involved with the training and professional development of all employees within the department, carrying out of performance reviews, identifying and addressing training needs and completion of training plans.
- To promote team work within the department and other departments.
- To actively engage in your own personal development to the benefit of the business and improve your personal skills.
- To give both internal and external customers, quality service.
What you'll need to succeed
You need to have prior experience working for a Hotel as well as experience using Opera.You need to be a driven & commercial individual who is looking to take the next step in their career.
What you'll get in return
A very competitive salary offering up to £35,000 as well as other benefits. Excellent working environment and room to progress into a more senior role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77563581