Project Engineer - Diagnostics
Aston Martins state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The purpose of this role is to develop an in house integrated dealer diagnostic system.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Maintain the AMDS system, DTC and data logger databases.
- Add and refine the DTC descriptions based on feedback from the customers and from gaining an understanding of the systems the DTCs refer to.
- Add and refine the diagnostic signal database ensuring all the relevant diagnostic signals are available, correctly scaled and displayed and have a meaningful description.
- Work with the relevant engineer to ascertain the supported module DTCs and data logger signals.
- Establish workable diagnostic procedures for each DTC and ensure that the described actions can be carried out using the AMDS dealer tool.
- Proactively suggest improvements to existing diagnostic descriptions and fault trees.
- Author help screens using HTML and other objects suitable for display in an internet browser windowed environment. Author user guides which explain clearly the AMDS application functions for display in PDF format.
- Work with service operations engineers to set up a two way exchange of ideas, the common goal of which is to simplify the diagnostic process and commonise the generation of documentation between the vehicle service manual and on-line help text.
Qualifications & Experience
- HNC/HND (or equivalent) in electrical or mechanical discipline.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication protocols would be an advantage, CAN, ISO 9141, Ford SCP etc.
- HTML authoring experience, preferably with Dream Weaver or similar package
- Good general PC skills, Word, Excel etc. â?¢ Sound logical, and pragmatic approach.
- Good clear interpersonal communication skills.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485103