IT Asset Management (ITAM) Consultant
IT Asset Management Consultant (ITAM)
Home based with travel
Salary negotiable depending upon experience
About the role
Capita Trustmarque have a new role for an IT Asset Management Consultant to join an existing close knit. The role will be based from home but the successful candidate will spend approximately 30% of their time on client site.
We are the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Trustmarque is a leading end-to-end technology provider for UK organisations. We empower customers to succeed by delivering simplified IT services. We deliver integrated services to help you at each step of the IT investment process, from solution development through technology provision to deployment and on-going support
This role is primarily responsible for delivering Compliance oriented services. This includes completing compliance assessments and delivering vendor ELPS which may involve:
- Conducting comprehensive reviews of customers Software deployments and entitlement to conduct reconciliation
- Fully understand customers IT environments to determine their licensing requirements.
- Mitigate risk by ensuring compliance before vendor audit through ongoing support and education of licensing parameters
- Identify any potential overspend and unnecessary installs
What you will do:
- Creation of a comprehensive desktop and server effective license position (ELPs)
- Lead technical workshops to assess and understand a customer's environment to include but not limited to the various licensing scenarios associated to server infrastructures such as: Virtualisation, Cloud and Thin Clients
- Interpreting vendor Licensing contracts and statements and provide procurement advise
- Evaluation of FPP licensing, including Product Identification (PId) and Proof of License (PoL)
- Deliver comprehensive Compliance Assessment reports to detail compliance shortfalls and recommendations to mitigate any highlighted risk
- Provide detailed analysis of associated financial risk
Your experience will include:
- ITIL Foundation in Service Management
- Background in IT Asset Management
- BCS SAM Essentials accreditation
- Microsoft Licensing (MCP 74-678, MCP 70-673, MCP 70-671)
- Excellent client facing skills and stakeholder management
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959503491