Technical Product and Delivery Manager (Gaming) - London
Technical Product and Delivery Manager
£60,000 /Per annum + Benefits
We?re looking for people with strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working in a delivery focused, agile environment. We?re looking for people who care about technology and who know how to make projects succeed, as well as stopping them failing.
The Technical Product and Delivery Manager role within the Continuous Improvement department and is a varied role that requires the ideal candidate to have both Product owner and Technical Delivery Manager capabilities.
The role will be responsible for owning and developing roadmaps for platforms and applications such as New Relic. The product roadmaps will feed the various software Development Teams across my client, with this position holding governance and being a subject matter expert.
As the Product Owner you will be responsible for the continuous improvement of your platforms and applications working closely with the various Tech Towers in the Technology Organisation. You will create a vision for your products based on your understanding of user needs.
You will be responsible for engaging with stakeholders and users to ensure they are clear on the benefits of the product and that their feedback is being used to inform ongoing improvements.
Elements of Technical Delivery management will also be required to ensure successful role out and future iterations for technical products.
The role is currently stand alone with no team involved, matrix management skills will be essential to ensure deliverables are taken into software teams sprint deliveries.
Defining project needs and feeding these into the programme/portfolio process will enable resource to be appropriately allocated.
We?re looking for someone who?s experienced in the digital transformation of organisations, not someone who?s content to maintain the status quo. You?ll be guided by the fundamental principles of putting user needs first, focusing on delivery and outcomes over process, and being open and transparent.
Skills and experience
- Proven experience in delivering digital projects and products
- Proven experience using a range of agile project management methods
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Track-record of leadership in successful design, delivery and continuous improvement of high quality products and services which maximise opportunities offered by digital technology
- Proven ability to motivate self-organising agile teams, delegate decision making to the most effective level, and empower teams to deliver to the best of their abilities
- Proven expertise in gathering, analysing and using user insight and performance data to design and continually improve digital services to ensure responsiveness to changing needs and technical developments
- Have been responsible for translating complex aims and needs into compelling vision statements and clear and manageable plans, and communicating these in an open and transparent way through a variety of channels
- Experience of managing the expectations of stakeholders with conflicting needs and demands, engaging with senior stakeholders, and developing a pipeline of customer adoption
- Have been responsible for assessing risks, scoping resource requirements and managing budgets and operating costs to ensure value for money and sustainable development of teams and services
- Proven experience of delivering modern monitoring platforms such as New Relic with substantial benefits to a business by protecting revenue and reputation
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505515