Senior Engineer - Tunables Integration
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Tunables Integration
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £35k-£40k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Job purpose as the Senior Engineer - Tunables Integration
The main purpose of this role is to support designs, simulations and improvements of Chassis systems from concept through to production.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Support the generation of Chassis system targets and documentation.
- Support hard point generation, progression and official release.
- Generate nominal bush, spring and ARB stiffness' for builds.
- Develop tuneable part requirements and distribute to Component Engineers.
- Generate and maintain Chassis tuneable part trackers
- Maintain documentation for Chassis System status versus targets
- Support characterisation of tuneable parts and generation of component data for CAE models
- Support tolerance requirements for Chassis hard points and tuneables
- Support investigations within Chassis department into ride, handling and steering problem resolution and continual improvements.
- Analyse vehicle test data such as K&C results and correlate with Simulation data.
- Work with Vehicle Attribute areas to ensure chassis concepts are compatible with vehicle level targets.
- Support problem solving/quality teams as directed by management.
- Keep abreast of technical developments within the industry.
- Liaise with Manufacturing to ensure Chassis and Manufacturing requirements are met.
- Assist with component and system benchmarking.
Qualifications & experience
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
- Extensive Chassis design and component experience.
- Experience working with tuneable parts in an OEM
- Experience of setting and maintaining Chassis system targets
- Good understanding of Chassis Dynamic properties and tuning.
- Competent with Chassis CAE software (ADAMS/CAR, SHARK, VI-Grade Car Real Time)
- Good working knowledge of Matlab
- Working knowledge of Suspension, Braking, and Steering systems
- Knowledge of Mission Product Development process or equivalent (GPDS , FPDS)
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Senior Engineer - Tunables Integration, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504938