Our client, is the UK?s leading innovation agency who operate within the science and technology innovations sector are seeking a Lead/experienced Software Developer to join their team.
As an experienced Software Developer, you will work in-house contributing to my client?s website and software application development needs will provide technical leadership and innovation to ensure appropriate solutions are in place to meet business requirements. You will need to have an aptitude to pick up new skills quickly and a desire to provide coaching and mentoring to Junior Developers within the organisation.
- Analysing business requirements, translating into technical design and ensuring the development of quality solutions for internal transformational projects.
- Constructing sequence diagrams, workflows etc. to describe the interaction between systems and present for internal and external use.
- Studying system capabilities, input/output processes and hardware or software compatibility.
- Engaging in subsystems? design analysis and integrate with overall system.
- Extending technical support during preparation, installation and system maintenance to project stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Designing integration solutions between various systems within our architecture which includes a middleware of WSO2 ESB.
- Ensuring agreed architecture principles are adhered to when designing solutions.
- Assisting in configuration management, deploy and release cycle for designed solutions.
- Full lifecycle application development for our new web application Innovation funding service.
- Designing, coding and debugging Java spring boot application.
- Analysing software, codes and requirements and reviewing software.
- Mentoring junior developers within the organization to ensure they learn in line with professional and personal development paths including setting tasks and appraising their progress.
What we need from you
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of Agile software development and working in SCRUM teams
- Breadth of experience in the following areas:
- Java 8
- Spring Boot / MVC
- HTML templating engine: Thymeleaf, JSP, JSF
- Build tools: Maven, Gradle, Ant
- Database: MySQL, Postgress
- Testing: TDD, unit testing, JUnit, Mockito
- IDE: Intellij IDEA
- Trouble shooting
- SOAP, XML
- SQL query writing
- Experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- Knowledge of software implementation best practice
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959507267