A DESIGN ENGINEER now required to work for a large manufacturing company based in the West Sussex area.
To produce models, drawings parts lists, bills of materials and other technical design information on time and to a high standard to meet project or production objectives.
Generation of concepts and selection of suitable design solutions, methods of manufacture, materials and processes, and the documentation of these to ensure that the project can meet the objectives of performance, schedule and budget.
- To be competent in the use of the Company's CAD system(s).
- To be competent in the use of other specialist software for design, calculation and analysis, as determined at appraisal.
- To be competent in the presentation of technical information (drawing standards, tolerancing, documentation etc).
- To produce designs suitable for purpose and manufacture, and which can be made within the budget of cost and hours.
- To document these designs in a clear and correct way within the allowed hours budget and to the schedule required.
- To be familiar with and understand the key aspects of the performance of the Company's products and processes.
- To investigate, identify and utilise suitable materials and products in designs.
- To accurately identify the implications of design changes (in terms of cost and performance), identify additional parts affected by such changes, and resolve any issues arising.
- To maintain a design file documenting design decisions and the calculations or analyses used to support these decisions.
- To convene, chair and record design reviews as necessary.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505183