Technical Inside Sales Engineer
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Technical inside Sales Engineer to work in the Bath/Bristol area.
The Technical Inside Sales Engineer will be involved with the preparation of customer quotations for electric valve actuators, gearboxes and associated ancillary parts to provide the best solution for the customers' requirements.
To work as a member of the Internal sales team in support of delivering the departmental and divisional objectives:
- To be acknowledged by customers as providing the best quotation service and technical support in the valve actuation industry.
- To deliver high quality and accurate technical quotations in line with customer expectations and supporting overall sales objectives to maximise business opportunities and profitability.
- To provide proactive support to the field sales team and to maximise customer contact opportunities to build strong relationships, pursue business opportunities and convert quotations into profitable orders.
- To perform the following functions in common with other team members and as required
- Evaluation of enquiries including technical specifications, commercial/contractual terms and conditions and listing exceptions
- Travel to customer sites to improve understanding of the customers' requirements where necessary.
- Sizing and selecting actuators or actuator & gearbox combinations with the relevant options and ancillary items based upon application data and customer requirements
- Calculation of quotation prices in accordance with guidelines/instructions from management.
- Preparation of accurate sales quotations, pre-qualification documents, drawings, technical proposals and contractual tenders covering the full technical and commercial aspects of customers' requirements.
- Providing the first level technical product support for customers via telephone and email within pre-agreed timescales.
- Providing all information required by the customer in the pursuit of achieving sales input and/or customer satisfaction.
- Contractual review of orders received, checking against quotations and clarifying customer requirements, including pre-award or kick-off meetings if required by customers.
- Ensuring accuracy of all order related documentation, including quotation, technical information, customer purchase orders and any other relevant documentation prior to issue to the contracts team.
- Co-ordination of quotations with other subsidiary offices, sales teams and agents worldwide
- Support Field Sales activities and follow up sales leads or quotations, visiting customers as required.
- Respond to customer delivery requests, report/resolve problems/Non Conformance Reports (NCR's) or other complaints.
- An appropriate technical qualification and/or relevant technical knowledge/experience
- Sound understanding of engineering principles.
- Thorough, accurate and good attention to detail
- Ideally candidates will have exposure to valves/industrial processing equipment
- Ideally based within a commutable distance from Bath/Bristol.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a large and global business. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. **************
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959499995