Senior Support Engineer - Messaging
EE Senior Support Engineer - Messaging
£Competitive + benefits
We're EE. We're showing the UK how technology can make the everyday better. Our people are keeping our customers happy with great service, and our network, which has been named as the best in the UK, is keeping their digital lives connected. Since becoming part of the BT family, we've focused on creating an energising culture that makes EE an even better place to build a career. Empowered, challenged, supported and rewarded, our people are the key to our success. And the Sunday Times agrees. They've voted EE one of the Best Big Companies to Work For. This is your chance to join us.
As a Senior Support Engineer at EE, you'll play a key part in managing and delivering business-critical messaging services for EE. With considerable experience and real expertise, it will be up to you to technically support the full operation of messaging products, systems and services that we offer our customers. Keeping people connected with cutting-edge, user-friendly technology is at the heart of what we do - if you have the skills, join the team and make sure we keep doing it.
What you'll do:
- Make sure our Messaging systems always deliver an exceptional level of service
- Drive support chain improvement from issue resolution to first-time implementation
- Manage change and mitigate risk to seamlessly introduce updates and upgrades
- Follow up problems with effective analysis and reporting
- Make sure alarm systems are in place and take part in 24/7 support rota
- Ensure the Messaging team work cooperatively with other teams and third parties
- Help develop proactive service monitoring applications and tools
- Support your team with mentorship and training
- Have proven experience delivering Voice and Data services
- Have a strong track record working to telecoms-operating procedures
- Have experience handling end-to-end delivery of messaging services
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Have experience with Erlang-based systems and services
- Understand multiple OS, Unix, Linux, Oracles and/or Solaris
- Have scripting, architecture support and SMSC notification delivery experience
- Be able to balance commercial needs with business requirements
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- 25 days' holiday
- 75% discount on your personal EE mobile phone package
- 30% Friends and Family discount from day one (conditions apply)
- Other discounted products and services, as well as a range of other benefits
At EE, we're creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you're thinking about working for the UK's biggest and fastest network, why not follow our shiny new recruitment channels on Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor. Packed with the latest jobs, company news and career stories it could be a great move.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488771