Delivery Manager - Cloud Product Owner (Contractor)
Position: Delivery Manager (Cloud Product Owner)
Reporting to: CTO
Band: N/A Contract
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass insurance products, selectively focusing on key areas of expertise and strength, all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way.
Defined by our strong moral fibre we prioritise above all else the principle of doing what we say we will. Insuring the unique and interesting, our search for talent is the same. We empower our people to think creatively, challenge the status quo and approach things with a solutions focused lens. This results in us being able to provide the type of insurance solutions which are often too complex for other insurance companies, we find a way where others give up.
Our straight talking culture is not for everyone but allows us to strive to improve everything we do and never settle. Trust is integral to how we operate and it allows us to work in an environment where every role has a high level of autonomy; freedom to forge your path and help set the wider agenda is evident in all parts of the organisation. Through embracing an environment that brings together people who are unique and interesting we are ensuring we build a company where teams don't all think the same - this, combined with a culture where courage to say what you think is not only actively encouraged but is central to our business model has defined our success.
If you thrive in a challenging and collaborative environment where you are trusted to work instinctively and know the company will stretch you to your full potential look no further.
Hiscox Group is the umbrella function that supports all areas of the organisation. We are home to our operations, IT, Finance, HR, Marketing, Communications and Modelling teams. Each area attracts SME who have the drive and determination to impact the entire organisation and the courage to challenge the Business Units when they see a better way. Working from the centre people within Group have a unique overview of the entire company and where we are going so finding the right people to be part of this business critical area is primary to everything. Our people are our success.
This role is part of the CTO office, reporting directly to the CTO.
The main focus of this role is to act as the Delivery Manager for an Agile Scrum team delivering new foundational capabilities for our Cloud engineering team and helping migrate applications into Azure.
Own and prioritise your team's product backlog
Define, lead and influence others, including those more senior, on release date and content of product output
Ensure PM and relevant Stakeholders create clearly defined Acceptance Criteria per user story submitted
Accountable for the efficient delivery of services (Quality, Efficiency and Value)
Accountable for producing KPIs and communications to the wider IT team on the service and value that the team are providing
Promote culture of continuous improvement within the team (self, team members and stories)
Accountable for implementing processes, practices, and tools to allow for multiple paths of delivery (automation etc.)
Assist the Infrastructure Architect and TDAs (where necessary) to translate business requirements into user stories for the teams to implement
Work with the PMs to effectively prioritise and manage the project delivery pipeline
Balance the requirements of live service, investment into core capability along with migrating applications to the Cloud
Work with managers to create effective resource management within the team
Where necessary, manage partnerships with external vendors
- Strong communications skills covering a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with previous experience of mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Have practical experience of planning and resource scheduling within the project process
- Have the ability to confidently interact with both business and IT individuals at all levels including senior and executive management
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Be highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success
- Be creative, proactive, logical and innovative and will not just accept the status quo
- Have personal drive, energy and commitment
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959486072