Head Teacher PA, Tower Hamlets
Head Teachers PA required for a school in Tower Hamlets to start ASAP on a long term basis.
Hays Education is working with a Tower Hamlets primary school where a great opportunity has arisen for a Head Teachers PA in a primary school in Tower Hamlets.
The successful school experienced PA will need to provide full PA support to a Head Teacher the role is starting ASAP on a temporary to permanent basis for the right candidate.
Working as a Head Teachers PA you will need to combine excellent administration and organisation experience to ensure the smooth running of Head Teachers day to day activities.
Responsibilities and duties:
* Opening and dealing with Headteacher's post / correspondence and distributing to various members of staff
* Emails -/deal with all queries
* Telephone - screen calls, take messages, deal with queries
* Updating enquirers of progress on any matters being dealt with by the Headteacher.
* Administrative duties relating to school events and training days to the direction of the Headteacher
* Ensuring that the Headteacher's office is run in a smooth and efficient manner and making sure that stationery is replenished as and when needed.
* School Trips - logging in cover diary, e-mailing to various people & photocopying
* Refreshments - arrange lunch, provide refreshments for Headteacher, visitors, SLT when required
* Arrange hospitality for meetings as necessary
* Develop and maintain effective relations with all stakeholders, including governors, parents, students staff and visitors
* Typing various correspondence, preparing & distributing , including:
* SLT (Senior Leadership Team) Agendas & Minutes and distributing
* Reference letters for staff/students
* General letters for staff/parents/members of the public
* Memos / minutes for other members of the SLT
* Arranging internal & external meetings, organising and maintaining the Headteacher's diary
* Ensure calendar is kept up to date with school events
* Request cover when needed in order for staff to attend meetings as directed by Headteaher
* Interview process:
* When required to attend, organise time in diary for interviews
* Ensure interview panel are aware and able to attend (request cover if necessary)
* Provide interview questions
* Managing the Exclusion Process
* Typing and distributing Exclusion letters and inputting data on SIMs
* Arranging Exclusion Panels
* Typing and distributing of Exclusion Reports to the Parents and Panel members (This will require liaising with the relevant Director of Learning, Key Stage Director)
* Taking minutes at meetings & typing up
* Exclusion Analysis - comparing year on year and submitting reports to the Head and governing body
* Returning the school's external exclusions log to the LEA and completing LEA exclusion report forms
* Filing exclusions & reports in school office and keeping on file Archive copy
* Whole School Performance Reviews
* Keeping and maintaining performance reviews on file and updating
* Typing SLT's performance reviews
* Personnel Issues
* Preparing meetings, making telephone calls and taking minutes regarding confidential related matters (capability, disciplinary proceedings)
* Liaising with Deputy Head and LEA H.R Advisor / Legal Dept. etc.
* Whole school documentation:
* SEF - keeping whole school info.in filing cabinet and updating when necessary for use with Ofsted / HMI and other inspections
* School Development Plan - involvement of typing
* SLT Meeting
* Type and distribute minutes and agenda
* Purchase sufficient refreshments for meeting
* Ensure all relevant parties are invited to meetings
* Internal conferences:
* Preparing in-house PowerPoint presentations for internal conferences
* Organise appropriate locations/catering/equipment/paperwork
* External conferences:
* Preparing & sending PowerPoint presentations for external Conferences
* Ensure technical requirements are met
* Liaising with conference representatives, arranging travel, sending invoices etc.
* Liaise with Headteacher in organising whole school team building day
* Staff groupings
* Locations of sessions
* Timetable of events
* Maintain effective relations with local and national press
* Deal with any press enquiries efficiently
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office on PC and Mac
* Apple knowledge ( as will need to deal with the Head Teachers iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air)
* Ability to work flexible hours, and for longer periods at short notice
* Fully comfortable with the use of Microsoft Outlook, including all calendar functions
* Excellent Organisational and Communication skills (written and verbal)
* Proven IT Skills in the following areas - Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Apple Mac.
* The ability to deal with and manage the expectations of high profile personnel (members of parliament, local councillors, governors, celebrities etc.)
* To maintain confidentiality at all times
* A self-starter who can work autonomously and multi task in a pressurised environment.
* Financial Acumen: (Raising invoices and purchase orders, booking cost effective travel)
* Event Management: (Organising and booking all aspects of conferences)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77568692