Senior Systems Engineer
InterSystems provides the information engines that power some of the world?s most important applications. In healthcare, finance, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems has been a strategic technology provider since 1978. InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 100 countries. For more information about InterSystems, the Cache database, Ensemble, HealthShare, TrakCare and more, please visit InterSystems website.
Since 2009 Trakcare has been sold into the UK market, the catalyst being our selection to deliver a Patient Management System which currently underpins the majority of NHS Scotland Hospitals. In addition to working with several NHS boards in England, TrakCareLab is being rolled out as the LIMS solution supporting all of the Welsh NHS Pathology laboratories.
InterSystems currently seeks a Senior Systems Engineer. This role would be predominantly focused on implementing and maintaining the hosting environment required to deliver a hosted TrakCare solution. Excellent knowledge and experience of Linux server administration, preferably RHCE/RHCSA is essential for the Senior Systems Engineer role.
In support of this growth, we are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work within the Service Management Team, whose primary function is to ensure operational service levels are achieved in agreement with clients. The overall responsibility of the team is to ensure that the 24/7 operations, services and solutions run smoothly and adhere to appropriate SLA?s. Also ensuring that clients? expectations are met and managed.
Responsibilities - Deployment
- Work with our co-location partners to design appropriate cage, rack and server layouts and to ensure the ongoing provision of space, power and cooling in support of existing and forecasted solutions.
- Work with the engineering/architecture teams to design solutions so as to maximize performance, efficiency and operability of hosted solutions.
- Lead and/or participate in the provisioning and deployment of server, network and other hosting-related equipment, including hands-on build and configuration as/when required
- Participate in the deployment of new applications and/or changes, ensuring that all service components are monitored and integrated into the company?s operational processes.
- Perform hardware qualification testing on new hardware platforms and certify them for production deployments.
- Work with stakeholders across the solutions lifecycle to ensure that pre-operational sign-offs are obtained, so as to ensure that solutions can be operated in a way that meets or exceeds performance targets e.g. security, availability and response times.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of integration issues.
Responsibilities ? Operations
- Hands-on administration and maintenance of hosted solutions and related infrastructure (firewalls, switches, servers, storage, etc.) including pro-active identification and fixing of potential incidents, backup management, etc.
- Participate in the definition, documentation, operation and continuous improvement of operational processes e.g. ITIL-based processes such as incident, change, problem and configuration management, and the smooth integration of these with wider company processes and systems.
- Define, implement, monitor and report on metrics that are required for the delivery of highly-available hosted services, as well as to meet the needs of the wider organization e.g. management, engineering, customer services and our customers.
- Provide technical support for all areas of hosted services, including participation on a 24x7 on-call rota; ensure the timely resolution of incidents and/or problems affecting hosted solutions and deploy approved changes and/or updates as required.
- Track data center issues, troubleshoot and remedy hardware issues and manage RMA processes with various vendors.
- Work towards the automation of hosting-related processes e.g. deployment of changes, deployment of new services, inventory management, security scanning, service level reporting, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
- Hands-on experience with server hosting infrastructure and management
- Hands-on storage/SAN deployment and management experience (EMC preferred)
- Hands-on Cisco networking deployment and management experience
- Hands-on VMware deployment and management experience
- Hands-on Linux deployment and management experience (SUSE preferred)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong scripting skills
- Enthusiasm and talent for acquiring complex technical skills
- Customer service attitude
- In depth knowledge of service monitoring and alerting (Nagios preferred)
- Know of Puppet configuration management tool (or similar)
- Software development environment experience
- ITIL knowledge ? principles and application
InterSystems Corporation is a privately held software company with a 39-year track record of consistent growth and profitability. We view hiring, developing, and retaining the best people as key to our record of success.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
To apply for the Senior Systems Engineer position, please click on the apply button.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444002