My client, a leading blue chip company, based in London near the London Bridge Tube Station is looking for Permanent a DevOps Engineer to join their Enterprise Services (ES) Team.
This role includes:
- Architecting & executing the delivery of scalable, secure, and highly available services and products for our internal customers.
- Ensuring changes and new products are being delivered with customers in mind and not just focused on feature delivery
- Collaboration with our customers to understand their experience of the services we provide and use that to improve and shape new products and services
- Ensuring operational requirements are considered and met for our products
- Active involvement in all stages of planning of initiatives
- Preparing and presenting product demos at the fortnightly program showcases.
- Designing and implementing low maintenance, fully monitored, scalable solutions
- Managing the lifecycle of a feature - from design to build to deployment.
Skills and Experience of Interest
- Some development experience in Python or Node JS or Java with the desire to learn new languages
- Understanding of Cloud Computing e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS etc.
- Familiarity with a range of AWS technologies e.g. Cloudformation, Lambda and EC2
- Ability to work with APIs
- Working experience of Linux
- Version control systems e.g. Git
- Defining and implementing testing processes and procedures
- Understand strategies such as:
- Behavioural Driven Development and Test Driven Development
- Systems testing (service integration, infrastructure)
- Manual testing
- Platform testing
- Application monitoring
- DevOps practices
- Good understanding of infrastructure testing
- Understanding of agile development and its core principlesMy client is a great place to work - cutting edge technology stack, believes in innovation, experimentation and continuous delivery. The technology department is a team 250+ staff and spans server-side, web and cloud software engineering, quality assurance, integration, on-premise and cloud provisioning, operational support, IT governance, programme/project management & customer/supplier management.
This role offers a competitive basic salary and attractive package including 25 days holiday, up to 16% pension contribution, life assurance, season ticket loans, private healthcare, etc.
Apply now by sending in your updated CV
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959507030