Electrical Applications Engineer
Do you have experience in grid-tied inverter system design?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity?
We are seeking to recruit an Electrical Applications Engineer to provide system application engineering design and support site commissioning as appropriate to the complexity of the project and business needs.
For this role office time is typically 80%, with site time 20% which will include overseas travel.
A willingness for global travel is essential!
* Assisting the senior Electrical Design Engineer with the architecture of solutions for high speed turbo generator electrical engineering applications.
* Grid-tied inverter system application engineering design to include:
* System designed electrical schematics.
* System component selection and specification.
* Development of Bills of Materials.
* Cabinet or chassis plate layout general arrangements.
* Create system design and test specifications and customer manuals.
* Provide intelligent feedback from customer sites, such that future business opportunities can be explored.
* Programming of inverter and automation application solutions.
* Assistance in setting up test rigs and proving new design features required for specific projects.
* The commissioning of installed systems on customer sites around the world.
* Support sales and tendering activities including site audits to help promote new businesses opportunities.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with the customers engineering staff and management.
* Understand general legal compliance of customers.
Additional Salary Info: Pension, life assurance, health insurance & 27 days holiday
Electrical Applications Engineer | Electrical Engineer | Electronics | Power Electronics | Grid-tied Inverter | System Design | Generator | CAD | Solid Works | EPLAN | Fault Finding
* Excellent knowledge and skills in grid-tied inverter system design.
* Excellent fault finding skills.
* Working knowledge of Solid works Electrical, EPLAN or similar electrical CAD program.
* Good site experience in commissioning electrical systems.
* Knowledge of power electronics products and applications.
* Good awareness of health and safety issues and strong adherence to health and safety policies.
* Good time management, planning skills and workload prioritisation.
* Ability to maintain good customer relations.
* Formal Qualification in electrical/electronic engineering (i.e. HNC/HND/Degree).
* Computer literate.
* Working knowledge of EN 60204 assessments.
* Working knowledge of fieldbus networks in inverter, engine controls and automation projects.
* Good site experience commissioning grid-tied inverter systems.
* Knowledge and design of safety related control systems.
* Good installation and practical skills.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK before the commencement of employment.
About Our Company:
We are a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines, which are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas, for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. We are working with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.