Market Access Manager, UK
Market Access Manager is responsible for developing strategically targeted payer engagement, relationship and account management at the country level for improved access and procurement of the Omnipod Insulin Management System. This includes implementing access agreements that establish pricing and protocols for successful case management for the initiation of patient on the Omnipod system. Efforts of this individual should focus on ensuring health care providers and patients have unimpeded access to our products and services by educating payors and influencing their medical policy decisions, their perceptions the value Insulet provides them and their patients, and our competitive position relative to alternatives. The Market Access Manager is expected to earn the support of his/her customers as a trusted business advisor. Success is reflected by the key payor stakeholders accepting and implementing versions of the Market Access Managers recommendations to the payor. The Market Access Manager will have a deep understanding of important territory-related issues, have broad knowledge of the evolving healthcare landscape, develops detailed strategic plans which aligns with the long and short-term goals of the organization.
- Ability to develop contacts and relationships throughout insurance companies. From operational, to strategic and executive levels. Understand the key players in these organizations and be able to skillfully influence these players to drive specific business objectives.
- Skillfully deals with the concepts and complexities associated within the Managed Care environment.
- Invests the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding of the Managed Care business as it relates to their territory and local market. Additionally, the Market Access Manager skillfully deals with the concepts and complexities associated with the diabetes disease and community.
- Strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development.
- Strives to contribute to the organization, peers?, and customers? needs beyond sales/revenue production.
- Provides information critical to accomplishing the Insulet mission to all colleagues the MCE works with ? specifically members of the Customer Care Inside Sales, Intake and Reorder team, Marketing and Sales and Sales Leadership teams.
- Provides feedback to individuals so they can make effective decisions at all levels of the organization (National, District, and Territory teams)
- Partners with Sales, Sales Leadership, Marketing and Customer Care? involve them in strategic planning and execution of those plans regarding coverage, adoption, reducing cycle times, and account/market specific opportunities/challenges
- Establish relationships with or reliable access to, key payor stakeholders and related influence groups that impact access to our assay for healthcare providers and patients.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3+ years? experience in pharmaceutical and/ or medical device sales (preferably with diabetes products) and 3rd party reimbursement procedures and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Related business experience working with managed markets, national and regional, public and private payers for the provision of health insurance and coverage to patients living with Diabetes.
- Experience calling on and developing relationships with key contacts in managed markets and third-party payers.
- In-depth understanding of health insurance systems such as medical policy, contracting and claims adjudication.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and drive for results with an emphasis on quality.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at multiple levels of an organization.
- Ability to provide and analyze performance driven data.
- Ability to organize and judge priorities.
- Ability to generate and maintain accurate records.
- Strong computer proficiency and experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Travel up to 50% as required.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959486590