Our client, is the UK?s leading innovation agency who operate within the science and technology innovations sector are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their team.
This is a key role within a technology-focussed team, with the successful DevOps Engineer required to define, implement, manage and maintain the hosting environments working with suppliers and other stakeholders as applicable to ensure fit for service architecture/processes are delivered.
- Define, implement, manage and maintain the hosting environments required to support Innovate UKs strategic objectives for platforms and hosting.
- Working with suppliers and other stakeholders as necessary to ensure fit for service architecture and processes are implemented.
- Operational management of infrastructure and applications.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and infrastructure, using automated tooling to do so.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Supporting development teams configuring applications for deployment.
- Assessing the DevOps maturity of the organisation and identifying/implementing improvements as applicable.
- Identification and development of resources to establish a sustainable internal capability for long term DevOps and hosting needs.
What we need from you
- Educated to Degree-level qualification within a computer engineering subject or equivalent experience
- CESG certified professional (IA Architect) is desirable
- Substantial experience in System Administration
- Substantial experience in public cloud implementations ? creation of and migration to
- Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with third party suppliers and employees
- Project delivery in both Agile (DSDM and Scrum) and Waterfall environments
- Securely deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment
- Experience of containerisation, ideally using Docker
- Experience of using automated environment build tooling e.g. Terraform for Infrastructure as Code and Ansible for Configuration Management
- Experience of building infrastructure within the AWS cloud using AWS technologies such as lambda, s3, ec2, iam, ebs, elastic beanstalk, route53, ses, rds, elasticache, autoscaling, loadbalancers, vpc
- Experience of continuous integration tooling, ideally using Bamboo/Jenkins
- Working knowledge of Vagrant/Virtualbox and CoreOS
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959507036