Applications Support Manager - Global FTSE 250 Organisation
The Support Manager's key responsibility is maintaining the performance of key applications globally in line with the support model.
The Support Manager is responsible for team management of the Front Office Support team, ensuring that the team is resourced and clearly guided to perform the support duties required of them. The support manager will maintain oversight of all activities carried out by the support team and manage the workload of all individuals within the team.
My Client are a global FTSE 250 professional services organisation based in London. They are undertaking an ambitious piece of work across the organisation which will improve the IT services delivered to the business, improve standardisation and improve agility.
- Lead, line manage and maintain the hub support team. This will entail; maintaining JD's for the team; ensuring that the team is adequately resourced; managing the performance of the team and ensuring that the workload is prioritised in-line with the wider context of the Hubs work.
- Work actively with the change management team to ensure a consistent and efficient approach to releasing functionality enhancements and maintenance updates to the live environment. Focusing on the transition to live element of the release process, the Support manager will assist with and control deployments to live to ensure that deployments are adequately supported from day one.
- The Support Manager will work with the regional infrastructure teams to ensure that the front office systems estate is monitored consistently on a global basis, enabling the support team to proactively manage and maintain the systems, escalating where necessary.
- Take responsibility for the support model, defining how the Hub meets it's support responsibilities. This includes: working with the 1st line teams; 3rd parties and management to agree SLA's/OLA's that meet the business requirement; clarifying what services the Hub will provide in it's support capacity; agreeing with 1st line teams how the escalation process to the Hub will work and how the Hub will treat escalations through their life cycle to closure.
- Regularly provide trend analysis of tickets to Hub leadership, to enable the management team to stay up to date with issues & problems and to take action where necessary.
- Engage/drive Hub project activities that are BAU in nature to keep systems aligned, up to date and regularly maintained.
- Monitor queue on a daily basis ensuring that tickets are validated for content and correct prioritisation, based on standardised work processes.
- Work in line with agreed SLA's/OLA's. Initiate escalation process when tickets have breached or are about to breach.
- Previous experience with a major service management ticketing system (e.g. Remedy, Track-IT).
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- At least 3 years + experience working within a service desk environment at supervisory or above level.
- Ability to handle demanding customers in a pressurised environment.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude and shows clear initiative
- Able to deal with a changing environment
- Able to work well within local team(s) and across regions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with ability to communicate technical issues to non-specialist audiences at all levels.
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Process Driven
- SLA performance monitoring and reporting
- Definition and implementation of ITIL based processes and procedures
- Experience with Service logging tools
- Thorough knowledge of Windows XP and 7, Citrix environment, including networking components, services and user profiles.
- A broad level of skills across PC hardware and software systems including:- Windows, Active Directory, Windows Terminal Services, Citrix, Microsoft Office, Database Systems, Exchange
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified as a minimum
Competitive salary + Benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959506507