Data Centre Operations Engineer
Apply: Word CV only
The company provides infrastructure technology and applications outsourcing services, as well as architecture guidance, application development and integration, and application management services. It serves financial services, telecom, logistics, and technology industries
We are seeking a technically skilled, hands on and enthusiastic individual with a dedication to customer service and experience of supporting a corporate IT infrastructure.
- Carry out data centre operations work including rack/stack of equipment, cabling, tape movements, break/fix and troubleshooting activities.
- Maintain data centre environment to best practice and assist with project work when required.
- Provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Manage personal queue of incident and service requests to ensure SLA and internal KPI?s are met.
- Liaise with suppliers in the delivery of the end to end service.
- Provide hands on resolution of 2nd and 3rd line incidents on a daily basis.
- Perform build process and handover of End User devices.
- Work with offshore capabilities to maximize shift left opportunities.
- Review and carry out problem management activities.
- Maintain compliance of internal and external processes and standards.
- Initiate and drive service improvement across the customer estate.
- Contribute to and maintain knowledge repositories.
- Act as a subject matter expert to both internal teams and to the customer.
- Identify and implement initiatives to contribute to productivity improvement and stabilization of environment.
- Conduct training and mentoring sessions to team members and colleagues.
- Participate in identifying technology transformation and providing recommendations to customer.
- Provide technical input and participate in project tasks requiring team involvement.
- Shift work between 07:30 and 18:00 weekdays, on-call one week in four, occasional out of hours work required.
- 5+ years IT experience in a senior IT support position in a corporate environment
- Strong 2nd line technical support skills.
- 3rd Line / Data Centre Operations technical skills.
- SCCM, Active Directory and Bitlocker
- McAfee enterprise systems (AV and Encryption)
- Apple IOS, device configuration and support, Mobileiron (or similar MDM)
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communications
- Process Creation and Documentation
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504293