Senior Service Engineer
Senior Service Engineer
My client is one of the UK's leading Audio Visual solutions company and prides itself in providing both excellence in service and quality solutions to a range of customers from government to corporate and elite residential clientele.
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly professional AV Field Service Engineer to provide reactive servicing of audio visual and videoconferencing systems. The ability to work in both a team and on an individual basis, and should show good initiative and pro-activeness to resolving both on-site and off-site issues in a competent manner.
· Absolute attention to Detail.
Maturity, especially when under pressure.
· Excellent Organisational skills.
· Have the ability to work on their own initiative
· Ability to lead a team.
· Experience working within a similar position in the Industry with an AV support background
Technical proficiency âEUR" general AV, VC and IT/IP
Confident with customers
· PC proficiency.
ICIA- CTS qualified
· To work to tight deadlines and under pressure (and/or within the presence of the customer directly)
Key Responsibilities and Experience will include:
· Fault finding and diagnostics of a large range of commercial AV equipment
Understanding of digital and analogue signals e.g. HDMI, DVI Component, EDID and HDCP.
· In depth knowledge of, and competency in fault finding and diagnostics SMATV Satellite systems and IPTV networks
Carry out SMATV site surveys and advise on the additional RAMS requirements
· All applicants should have a good understanding and ideally experience in basic programming of AMX and Crestron Control systems.
· An understanding IP network Protocols,
Experience and the ability to make configuration changes to DSP systems such as Clearone and Polycom
Infocomm CTS certification is required, or be able to provide examples of other AV specific training.
The ideal candidate should have a naturally organised and methodical approach to their work, along with excellent communication skills (both written and verbally), and have a friendly and approachable nature.
Ensure that personal tasks are completed in a safe, timely, efficient manner with due regard to potential environmental impacts
· The job will also entail driving, working at height and manual handling.
In addition to the roles of a Service Engineer your responsibilities will include;
Promote a team dynamic through a can do, positive attitude to work and colleagues.
Leading from the front, assist in setting the procedural and personal standards that the external team will aspire to such as timekeeping, presentation and administration.
· Provide support, both moral and technical to other team members.
Becoming a point of engineering escalation for exceptional calls when directed.
Liaising with manufacturers / supply chain technical support teams whilst on site to build a ticket and where necessary mobilise RMA process.
Gathering feedback from manufacturers training courses with regards to their value to others and the business.
Take a proactive approach to feeding back short comings of the process, team or individuals to the service management team.
All applicants must be fluent in English, hold a valid UK permit, full and clean UK driving license, up to date passport and be willing/able to travel both within the UK and overseas.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959503711