Operational Risk Analyst
OPERATIONAL RISK ANALYST
£45,000 + BENS + BONUS
This role is a part of Middle Office, Operational Risk team which monitors evolution of financial regulation and operational risk that have an impact on the business and also provides the monitoring of internal control of Middle Office processes and the maintenance of Middle Office processes.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION
- As an integrated member of the Finance & Risk functions, the primary responsibility of the job holder will be assisting with the following:
- Supporting the business in its growth aspirations through effective risk management processes especially in new products and markets where the business may see opportunities to develop.
- Reviewing Operational Risks that may require intervention so as to reduce exposure to the company
- Inform the business of risks that may impact their operational activity and seek solutions to resolve and mitigate.
- Foster relationships within the deal lifecycle that encourage and empower the business to seek continuous improvements and be proactive in its risk management approach.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- The main duties and responsibilities of the job holder are:
- Facilitate and manage the risk assessments of business enhancing activities including but not exclusive to New Product Approvals (NPA), Non Standard Deal Approvals (NSDA) and New Commercial Activity Integration (NCAI) across Oil, Gas, Power, Emissions LNG and Derivatives trading.
- Support the business in identifying risks through incident operational risk tools (i.e. incident reporting) and liaising with the business to seek solutions and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Deep dive where required operational incidents that may have a regular occurrence or significant exposure to the business and provide to the governance structures with support of relevant functions risk mitigation proposals to prevent/minimise reoccurrence.
- Provide deep dive analysis of external industry events/incidents and assess if the business can be exposed to those risks. If so provide proportionate and effective recommendations to mitigate the risk.
- Ensuring Key Risk Indicators are identified/implemented with the relevant business owners that monitor identified risks of key processes and procedures and where required investigate any divergence from agreed thresholds/limits.
- Support the business if required on projects where subject matter expertise is required especially in reviewing updating or developing new procedures
- Report on a periodic basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) information that informs the business on its Operational Risk profile including but not exclusive to risk dashboard, trend reports, status updates and input into bench performance reports.
- Deputise for the Operational Risk Manager when the need arises.
- This position reports to the Operational Risk Manager and is expected to work closely with different internal and external functions on a daily basis that are involved or may interact with the trading lifecycle.
- Maximum 2-3 years? experience working within a trading or origination role. Operational Risk experience desirable but will consider candidates with knowledge of the trade lifecycle (i.e. Middle Office, Risk, Back Office)
- Strong bias towards a particular product set rather than a generalist (i.e. LNG, Derivatives, Crude, Products, Power, Gas or Emissions)
- Result oriented approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to operate with minimum supervision on multiple projects. Must be able to prioritise workload in reactions the business and functional needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills to be utilised across multiple levels the organisation
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify risk trends. Ability to work with key stakeholders to develop and implement solutions to reduce risks.
- Full command of English language (spoken and written)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505186