Assistant Accountant - Manufacturing
Assistant Accountant ? Manufacturing
Salary: £25-38,000 + benefits
Our Client is part of a global organisation with a reputation for delivering great product at a great price.
This role is an integral part of the site Finance team supporting the Finance Manager & Site Accountant.
The team?s purpose is to provide an effective management accounting service for the site, ensuring robust financial control, reliable performance measurement and proactive decision support for business improvement opportunities.
- To support the Site Accountant in ensuring the timely preparation of daily, weekly and monthly site accounting reports & KPI data with relevant comparisons, promoting strong accounting governance and financial integrity.
- To assist in variance analysis, site overhead control and to share this information to improve visibility and understanding.
- To deputise where appropriate at relevant site meetings to communicate the site?s financial results and ensure the financial impact of actions taken are understood by site managers.
- To support the team in regular forecasting and annual budgeting needs.
- To assist in monitoring and evaluating business improvement initiatives to the site?s operations and supply chain, including analysis & measurement of shop-floor performance. To help maintain the site?s Profit Improvement Plan (PIP).
- To help track site capital expenditure justifications, post-implementation reviews and to ensure capital additions are updated to the asset register on a timely basis.
- To prepare product costings for the site, the NPD and Sales teams, responding to costing requests, ensuring a timely and accurate service.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Carry out exercises as the local Leadership team may require from time to time
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA, AAT-Qualified or QBE.
- Strong numeracy and computer literacy skills (data input, Excel, Microsoft Word).
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills - motivated to give a responsive service.
- Experience of meeting challenging deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable in both office & factory environment.
- Accounting experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using ERP Systems
- Costing experience, standard costing processes.
To apply please email your CV, or call for more details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505768