We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. As a result of expansion, we need a proven Senior DevOps Engineer to work on our Artificial Intelligence based projects. We use AI to solve complex logistical issues, and have built an industry leading product that interprets various sources of big data to provide these solutions to companies around the world.
In this role you will need to be comfortable in delivering AWS solutions as a team/tech leader by yourself. You will also architect solutions and serve as an interim thought leader.
Working in a small team, you will ultimately be responsible for owning the complete Infrastructure environment, and ensuring it is fit for purpose. You will have extensive experience with Docker and CloudFormation.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of technical experience in development, operations or joint DevOps responsibilities
- Previous experience of delivering continuous delivery solutions employing AWS
- AWS Professional Certification (e.g. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer ? Professional or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional)
- Comfortable working solo or in a team
- In-depth familiarity with complete suite of AWS Services, with particular depth in those that are heavily used when providing DevOps Automation solutions, including tools like CloudFormation, Code
- Services, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, EC2, IAM, OpsWorks, Route 53, S3, RDS, SES and VPC.
- Experience establishing and employing Continuous Integration practices and execution platforms such as CodeBuild or Jenkins.
- Frequent and comfortable use of configuration management automation tools such as Chef (or other such tools) in creating continuous delivery systems.
- You will be expected to formally and informally lead and mentor other members of your team.
- You will be expected to be able to assess risks and plan solutions for the entire team, and collaboratively work with other members to execute them to achieve successful continuous delivery solutions for our customers.
- You will be expected to continually assess successful and not so successful practices, and to collaboratively adapt team practices to improve the value we bring to our customers.
We are seeking engineers who appreciate and have experience with both development as well as operations however we are looking for someone whose career has predominantly grown from a Development background.
This is a role designed for an individual who has already demonstrated professional success delivering solutions common. We are committed to speeding up our customers' ability to deliver their systems, and we constantly strive to improve how we do so. As a Senior DevOps Automation Engineer, we will look to you to help develop and guide others in the organisation, whether actively as a designated tech leader, or through your individual performance.
- Linux, preferably Ubuntu
- Jboss / Glassfish or Wildfly
This is an excellent opportunity to become fully involved in a growing start-up company where you can be involved in various areas of the infrastructure and development teams. There will be an opportunity to build on your current skills and learn a large range of new technologies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505086