Project engineer - Vehicle Attributes
There are currently opportunities to join Aston Martin in one of its most diverse Engineering departments. Current Vehicle Engineering (CVE) is responsible for the engineering and quality of all current production vehicles. We are looking for an Engineer who is highly motivated and can demonstrate an ability to lead a small team within the area of Vehicle Attributes.
You will be expected to lead cross functional teams, containing problems quickly and efficiently, and be able to identify root cause and countermeasures and prove them out, all within the fast moving manufacturing / production environment.
Responsible for the daily management of the Attributes team, delivering continuous improvement in DPV (Defects per vehicle), AMCPA (Customer Perception Audit), Warranty and CSI (Customer Satisfaction Survey) scores for vehicle attributes.
As part of your role in managing the team, you will be expected to complete 1:1s, mid & EOY appraisals, manage eCMS & open concern deck, and report out. Train & develop the team and support any recruitment needs.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Technical expert for Squeaks and Rattles, Water leaks, and Wind noise root cause investigation within both the Production and Warranty environments.
- Lead investigations to resolve complex attribute concerns for Production, CPA, Dealer, VIP customer vehicles, often managing cross functional teams to deliver solutions. This will involve evaluating the vehicle, employing various detection methods, from the in-plant facilities to open road and MIRA test track, and writing of comprehensive reports to outline any findings.
- Analyse FLAGS reports for the three attribute areas and working closely with the manufacturing and engineering teams run a weekly review assigning owners to ensure issues found in Production are swiftly driven back to source with the implementation of robust containments and countermeasures.
- Remove roadblocks and escalate issues preventing team from delivering tasks.
- Proactively track Warranty status and implement improvement activities to reduce cost and frequency.
- As is necessary, report out to the VPs / Senior Management team the attribute status.
- Engage with new model functions to share issues and learning on current model, demonstrate resolution and verify previously raised issues are robustly closed off during the current build phase or at the next build phase.
- Evaluation of Equivalent Body Hole Size (EBHS) and its potential impact on wind noise and water leaks
- Deliver improved detection methods within the Production environment particularly for squeaks and rattles, and supporting off site / future manufacturing plant set-ups (St Athens).
- Produce Technical Bulletins to support dealer network learning.
- Writing of Quality Management System for Attributes evaluation and detection. In order to support continuous process improvements all of CVE have window roles which need to be developed, standardised and trained out to the rest of the team and potentially rolled out across other divisions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering HNC, degree or equivalent qualification/experience
- AML Level 3 Licence
- Full UK driving license Relevant Experience:
- Wind noise, water leaks and Squeaks & Rattle vehicle attributes
- Hydropuls, RR3, CREST Testing
- Launch experience (Batch & Hold)
- Broad engineering and manufacturing knowledge
- Broad knowledge of vehicle
- Experience of component design
- Experience in inspection systems and use of VIS & PQS
- Worked in OE or Teir1 manufacturing environment (CVE / PVT / Production / Plant Quality/ PD)
- Knowledge of different techniques and processes used for assessing vehicle attributes Skills & Abilities:
- Must be proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Chairing meetings and running effective meeting minutes / CCARs
- Experience & understanding of QMS
- Must be able to negotiate with internal and external departments to ensure effective vehicle evaluation Personal Attributes:
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good diplomacy skills
- Able to work across several departments
- Able to work with and motivate a team
- Logical problem solving mind-set
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritise issues efficiently Other information:
- The role may require the individual to be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of launch build phases and production demands.
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: the closing date for this vacancy is Friday 24th November 2017 We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505317