On-Site 3rd line IT Support Engineer - London
Are you looking for a new opportunity working as an On-Site Managed Service Engineer?
You will be responsible for providing 3rd line IT support on-site with customers predominantly in the London area.
Main Duties of the Role
- Daily check-lists and visual inspection of server room
- Anti-Virus monitoring and remediation
- SPAM filter monitoring and item release
- Continual monitoring using Solarwinds as a platform
- AD/Office 365 support & admin
- Windows server including Hyper V Cluster management
- Basic desktop product support (Microsoft, Adobe)
- Basic IP phone support (Avaya)
- Liaise with 3rd party vendor and provide advanced technical assistance in troubleshooting and configuration changes
- Desktop cabling
- Basic troubleshooting
- To liaise with and build strong working relationships with key customer contacts
- To record all calls to ensure accurate information about the client systems is maintained and available to other support personnel and account managers
- To work with other support staff to build knowledge and skills pertinent to the sites supported for the purposes of holiday and sickness cover.
- To take a proactive approach to customer IT systems ensuring reoccurring events are mitigated with longer-term development of the customer IT systems are considered.
- To be able to manage demanding users on customer sites who have high expectations.
- To be able to communicate technical issues and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ensure that you understand your responsibilities in relation to the Communications Strategy, in particular with attendance at regular team meetings and 121s.
Your Skills and Experience
- Good standard of general education
- Previous experience in a similar support environment.
- Previous experience and accreditations in the following technology areas:
- MS Windows Server 2008 & 2012
- MS Exchange 2010 & 2016
- Networking minimum 100-105 ICND1
- Experience in working with the following environments (but not supporting):
- System Centre (Config Manager)
- Office 365
- Storage Solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Ability to take ownership of and progress issues to resolution
- Ability to work in a team and to support team members
- Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- £36,000 to £42,000 depending on experience
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959471103