A leading Supercar Manufacturer in the Surrey area is seeking a highly experienced SQA Engineer to join their growing team.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the SQA Senior Engineer & SQA Manager, the SQA Engineer is responsible for all aspects of new product introduction and maintaining a stable quality level in series for supplied parts to road cars.
- Responsible for Purchased New Part Product Quality & Capacity for a specific area of the vehicle.
- Drive the assigned Suppliers to ensure components achieve/exceed the required quality level specified.
- Provide Concern investigation (8D) and resolution for Series production.
- Conduct New Product introduction & Process verification audits
- Drive the development of supplier processes at supplier locations.
- Support production preparation using the Supplier Capacity Verification process to ensure smooth production ramp-up and maintain stability in series production.
- Manage and control up front quality planning within the supply base through effective APQP deployment and monitoring.
- Manage and Control on time approval of production parts and processes (PPAP) for components.
- Implement and manage part and process improvement activities.
- Development and achievement of KPIs
- Provide Project status and Management reports as required.
- Track Supplier on time delivery of TS16949 achievement plans.
- Create and Maintain Personal development and training plans.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Engineering/Automotive Degree or similar
- Experience of Automotive Quality/Manufacturing in OEM or tier one, including some new model and series experience in a QA related position
- Understand and have experience approving parts using PPAP
- Understands TS16949 requirements.
- Experienced in project management reporting within an APQP or similar framework
- Experience of building close working relationships internally and with suppliers
- Experience of using problem solving techniques in a production environment (e.g. 8D, 5 Why)
- Understanding of lean techniques to support problem solving.
- Previous Catia V5 experience and working knowledge of GD&T
- Supervisory experience would also be an advantage
- Highly motivated, team player who can lead by example
- Good communication skills to deal with people of all levels
- Well organised and delivery focused
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment
- A fast learner
- IT literate (competent user of MS products e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Flexibility in terms work patterns and travel
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959503198