Batch Plant Manager
My Client is an innovative construction provider for the global mining industry. With a wealth of technical know-how and experience dating back almost 150 years through its parent companies, they are one of the world's leading specialist mining contractors. They offer a comprehensive portfolio of services including underground and surface mine construction, shaft sinking, mine contracting, raise mining, mine development and engineering. Their success is due entirely to the dedication and experience of their people, they deliver safe, timely and budget conscious results to their clients worldwide. They aim to add their growing and diverse team by recruiting a Batch Plant Manager.
As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including but not limited to:
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday
- Health Care
- Death in Service
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in similar construction.
- Extensive experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Advanced understanding of production methods, processes, supervision control costs and the impact on construction activities is essential.
- 5 years' experience in a management / supervisory capacity
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support to production scheduling on all material flow issues to meet production schedules.
- Plan, direct and supervise workers in batch plant and related activities.
- Coordinate assigned work, approves personnel actions, trains and develops subordinate personnel and promotes harmonious labor-management relationships in accordance with Project Manager.
- Applies knowledge or production methods, processes, equipment and production to ensure operating effectiveness and improve efficiencies. Revise production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Inspects work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used.
- Ensures that workers are supplied with tools, materials and equipment for completion of project. Assist in resolving plant problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Arrange for procurement of miscellaneous tools and materials for the project.
- Monitor compliance with plant safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented. Arrange for procurement of miscellaneous tools and materials for the project.
- Inspect and maintain all tools and equipment provided for the project.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to client information
- Safety sensitive: having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment; following Company health and safety standards.
- Duties outlined here are intended to be the minimum duties expected of you by my client. You are expected to use your discretion to expand upon these duties to ensure that your job mandate is met and that your performance is such that the general spirit and intent of the duties outlined above are completed as required.
- Follow and demonstrate my Client's guiding principles and values.
If you think that this role is well suited to you and you meet all of my clients requirements please don't hesitate to apply and use the button below.
Office - ************* Mob - ***********
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504272