EMEA Network Engineer
For over 30 years, our client has been one of the leaders in designing, developing, manufacturing and implementing mission-critical communications solutions for public safety, transportation, utilities, manufacturing, healthcare and business applications throughout the world.
They have recently been experiencing some impressive growth and due to this it has now brought about a rare opportunity for a qualified EMEA Network Engineer within Radio & Telecom Systems to join this thriving business.
Reporting in to the EMEA Engineering Manager, the main focus of the role will be to provide pre & post installation technical support to channel partners and customers based primarily in the Middle East.
Your duties will be as follows:
- Manage off-site system build and on-site customer build plus installation.
- Develop and deliver customer specific training programmes.
- Investigate, diagnose, report and provide solutions to customer problems and/or escalates issues to management/ engineering as required.
- Carry out customer acceptance testing, including system build and test, documentation of test plans and results, recording of as-built configurations and customer training
- Participate in pre-sales activities as directed, including assisting customers in product selection, providing technical product information to Sales, etc.
- Provide weekly report of project status, progress made and areas of concern ensuring accurate records are maintained
- Travel both internationally and domestically as required in performance of duties
- Participate in a 24/7/365 ?On Call? support programme, providing ?round the clock? support to our clients customers, involving being contactable outside normal working hours for periods when on call
- Must be based in the UK and within the M3 or M4 corridor
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Radio & Telecom Systems
- Technical Knowledge & experience of the following:
- Cisco switches
- DELL servers
- IP networking and routing
- Very good understanding of the following:
- Windows Server, in particular 2012
- Linux CentOS
- Willing to travel 50% of the time across EMEA but the primary focus will be in Dubai & Middle East
- 3+ years? experience of installation technical support on the aforementioned technologies
- Professional attitude
- Can work unsupervised
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable and flexible
- Customer service orientated
- Driving Licence
Shall be completely dependent on experience, however my client is looking to pay circa £40,000 Basic Salary + Bonus + Healthcare + 22 days holiday (not including Bank Holidays) + Pension.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959455141