Head of Marketing
- The key aim of the department is to help the business development teams and client-facing Partners/Directors retain existing and win new clients.
- The client?s needs are at the heart of all the marketing output and this is done utilising a number of disciplines, including research, advertising, content, PR, digital, publications and event management.
- The department is going through a number of changes under a recently-appointed Head of Marketing.
- The majority of the department is based in London, with small teams in the Guildford, Bristol, Southampton, Salisbury and Birmingham offices.
- To lead the articulation of the firm?s strategic objectives to our key audiences both internally and externally.
- To lead central brand building initiatives and external communications activity with a view to promoting the firm in the marketplace and maximising business opportunities.
- To manage the central marketing department in a manner that ensures the delivery of services which meet the needs of the Group.
- To represent the central marketing & communications function on the Operations committee.
- To oversee the daily running of the central marketing function ensuring that client requirements (both internal and external) are serviced by team members with appropriate seniority, experience and technical ability and with the capacity to perform to the highest standard.
- To implement and promote the agreed company strategy, with focus on retaining existing clients, winning new clients, and raising the brand profile of the firm, including an effective internal communications programme, across the Group.
- To work collaboratively with the Business Development Partners and their teams to ensure the Group?s business development campaigns are delivered effectively.
- To manage, protect and enhance the firm?s profile, increasing our ability to attract and retain clients, business and people.
- To support the Group leadership team on the corporate issues to which the Group needs to respond.
- To work collaboratively with both the divisions and business lines to proactively develop ideas for content in order to enhance the Group?s reputation and to provide thought leadership on key market trends where appropriate.
- To set metrics to assess progress of marketing and report to the leadership team.
- Departmental Management:
- To manage the marketing department in a manner that ensures the delivery of services which meet the needs of the Group.
- To continue the delivery of the marketing agenda within the context of the overall business objectives.
- To ensure that workflow is efficiently organised by the marketing management team and supervisors and that the teams operate effectively when cover is required.
- To ensure that knowledge within the teams is kept up to date and that industry, regulatory and internal changes are appropriately communicated.
- To ensure that any underperformance or conduct issues are dealt with fairly, consistently and promptly and HR are involved as appropriate.
- To promote knowledge sharing and collaboration across the department and with the business lines in order to improve the level of service provision to both divisions.
- To complete regular assessments of individuals in the marketing management team and provide regular feedback to them on their performance and behaviours, recognising both strengths and areas for development and providing appropriate training, coaching and support.
- To lead by example displaying company values and lead by example.
- To create an environment that attracts and retains the best people who share our values.Financial Management:
- Involvement in compensation and reward matters in accordance Group guidelines and in consultation with HR and the Co-Chief Executives.
- To manage the budgeted expenditure of the marketing & communications department.Governance:
- To represent the Marketing Department on the Operations Committee.
Education and Qualifications:
- Relevant professional qualifications desirable (e.g. CIM), although not essential with the requisite experience.
- Extensive experience of marketing within an investment/wealth management and / or professional services environment.
- Good experience of BD/sales management and execution of plans.
- Expert understanding of the financial services industry and investment markets with a good knowledge of key industry trends and best practice.
- Extensive experience of operating within the FCA regulatory framework, with a detailed working knowledge and understanding of current legislation and future regulatory developments.
- Experience of operating within a risk management framework together with a thorough understanding of the risks and threats pertaining to a financial services business.
- Experience of developing, managing and delivering change management initiatives within an operational environment.
- Extensive experience of developing and leading marketing and business development initiatives within a financial services environment.
- Demonstrable experience of evaluating, designing and delivering firm wide marketing and communications projects.
- Exposure to decision making and strategic planning at a senior level.
- Sound understanding of corporate governance.
- Proven track record of managing departmental budgets.
- Outstanding people skills and experience of team leadership, performance management, motivation and coaching.
- Extensive brand expertise.
- Thorough knowledge of all channels to market, including digital, and their relative market and cost-effectiveness.
- Understanding of design and production process and print management.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504162