Accounts Payable Assistant
Marc Daniels is currently recruiting on behalf of a well-known company who are looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their Finance Department based in High Wycombe.
Reporting into the Accounts Payable Manager, the company is seeking an individual who has a keen eye with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. This role is both internal customer and external supplier facing and requires excellent communication skills.
- Accurately code and process all invoices and credit notes through the document scanning platform, ensuring correct capture of details. Forward to the appropriate person for approval. Ensure all rejected invoices are actioned and resolved.
- Set up suppliers according to Company's Policies
- Regular communication with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure they are aware of payment status and any queries/actions that are required prior to payment
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Prepare monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Allocate all payments and receipts correctly to invoices/suppliers
- Reconcile the Accounts Payable ledgers ensuring any discrepancies are investigated
- For all of the above, ensure department SLA's are met
- Liaising with suppliers both via email and phone where necessary to investigate and resolve any queries
- Organise and plan workload effectively; raise any concerns or issues early
- Support the Accounts Payable team with any other ad hoc requirements and projects
- Support the management accountant teams with month end close, reporting and analysis, including upkeep of key files
The ideal candidate will have previous Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable experience, will have genuine enthusiasm to work as part of a team in a busy environment and have proven experience of managing high volume accounts payable workflow.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502628