Field Service Engineer (Fire & Security)
JA269 - Field Service Technician-Fire & Security Systems
We are recruiting currently for a Field Service Technician for our clients Fire & Security Business. The Field Service Technician will work as part of a strong team to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Fire & Security Systems. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will have a fire & security engineering background and ideally have strong proven track record in the industry.
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Fire & Security Systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all relevant reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the contract as required.
- Fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they System Upgrades, Like for Like replacements, Project works, etc
Skills & Experience:
- Fire & Security Apprenticeship (or recognised equivalent)
- Health and Safety Training
- GCSE (or 'O' Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
- Industry experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification and preventative tasks
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
- Experience in IT & Networking
- Supervisory experience for future development
- Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams' effectiveness through personal commitment.
- Planning, Organising & Executing - able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
- Commercial Awareness - understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
- Risk Management - is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
- Adaptability - is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
- Drive for Excellence - aims to deliver a high standard of work.
- Self-motivation and Development- is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
- Customer Awareness - responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.
JA269 - Field Service Technician - Fire & Security Systems
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959500255