A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Schemes Team within our Glasgow Branch. We are actively recruiting Scheme Underwriters, who will be based in Glasgow. A proven technical expertise in Mid Market Underwriting is essential and a good working relationship with the Broker market and experience in Scheme Management would be beneficial. You will be responsible for managing schemes throughout the UK, so travel is essential.
As a Schemes Underwriter, you will develop an expertise in Scheme Management to meet customer demand, supports the production and maintenance of Underwriting and rating guides, updates to wordings and supporting underwriting documentation, provides technical support and assistance to underwriting queries, supports scheme review meetings.
Ensure ?Good Customer Outcomes? are delivered though continuous review of the scheme proposition and core wording. This should be done via regular review to ensure that the proposition continues to meet customers? expectations. Continuously test our own System to ensure there is a viable Aviva operating model and underwriting platform to support the scheme.
Have a sound knowledge of the scheme governance and regulatory requirements linked to delegation of underwriting authority. Identifies and implements underwriting quality including; monitoring regularly the performance management of schemes, large loss management , supports regular scheme audit and managing outcomes, scheme compliance and assists with broker training when required.
- Develops, builds and strengthens relationships with aligned customers/brokers, providing technical support and assistance
- Understands what matters to the customer/broker and how that fits with our plans and strategies
- Influences key contacts in the marketplace through business development/customer engagement skills
- Proactively understands the customer and their needs
- Provides the right solution for the customer at the right time, through the life cycle of the relationship
- Pulls on the right people to deliver the best outcome
- Develops an expertise where necessary to meet customer demand
- Makes the right underwriting decisions, reflecting our strategy and the customer/broker value
- Plans and handles own/team workflow to meet broker demand
- Works independently, within underwriting authority, handling more complex risks and technical referrals from the team, conferring where appropriate
- Takes ownership, is open and honest and challenges for the good of the customer
- Is proactive in providing coaching (including conferrals/referrals),identifying individuals strengths and development needs, sharing learning and best practice in order to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team
- Leads, supports and/or delivers initiatives or experiments to improve system performance across the business
- Is knowledgeable of overall Schemes performance and contributes to overall Aviva strategy
- Identifies and implements in a timely manner required improvements to underwriting quality and capability
- Supports Scheme Audits and implements required change
Regulatory and Conduct
- Keep customers at the heart of all key decisions ensuring all of our customers receive a good outcome however they interact with us
- Supports leaders in the identification of all breaches and risk events so that these are managed appropriately
- Manages customer complaints in line with agreed process
Need to be
Living the Aviva Values ? Care More, Never Rest, Kill Complexity, Create Legacy
At Aviva SME UK we pride ourselves on building stronger and deeper relationships with people and businesses who want to make smart choices. We develop solutions for our customers that go beyond insurance so we can, Protect what matters most, Prevent bad things from happening and Fix things quickly when they go wrong. We are the insurer of choice for UK SME customers.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we will support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping customers to defy uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care more, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities further studies and hobbies. What?s important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Diversity.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959500042