Embedded Software Architect
I am currently looking for an Embedded Software Architect to join an automotive OEM.
- This role is for an experienced and highly motivated embedded software architect, with the responsibility for the specification, development, delivery and ongoing maintenance of software architecture for in-house developed ECUs.
- This role has particular focus on networking and network gateways.
- Tasks include software architecture design within the AutoSAR framework, working with the systems, controls, and software engineers to decompose incoming 'black box' level change requests down to the software unit level, interface definition to support integration of multiple software components, definition of low level ECU architecture including startup-shutdown, task scheduling, interrupt design, and network interfaces. Acting as arbitrator where multiple solutions exist, to ensure the ECU internal architecture remains consistently structured.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle for embedded applications
- Experienced in software architecture definition including software and software-hardware interface definition.
- Experience of networking and communication protocols and associated software / drivers.
- Experience in software architecture definition, preferably including AutoSAR and multicore / multiprocessor systems.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle for embedded applications, including specification, architecture design, implementation, build and integration process, test, release and maintenance.
- Experience of low level software functionality including task scheduling, interrupt service routines, software download, and startup / shutdown strategies
- Knowledge of model based and code based software development principals including embedded 'C', and relevant standards such as MISRA. Automotive SPICE
- Experience of networking and communication protocols and associated software / drivers. This should ideally include Ethernet and automotive standards such as CAN, Flexray and DOIP, though strong candidates from other industries will also be considered.
- Specification authoring, requirements decomposition and change management, including software and software-hardware interface specifications, and sequence diagrams.
- Development and execution of software integration test
- Strong organisational, project management and communication skills essential. Assertive behaviours where required manage trade-offs between stakeholders.
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science / Software, Automotive / Aerospace / Telecoms engineering or similar subject, or equivalent industry experience ¿ Must be eligible to work within the UK without sponsorship
- SysML and associated tools such as IBM Rhapsody ¿ Use of requirement and change management tools such as IBM Rational DOORS, RTC, SVN or similar.
- Automotive diagnostics and fault handling techniques.
- Robustness analysis and test techniques (e.g. noise factors, design tolerances)
- Quality and safety tools and processes e.g. Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA, ISO26262
- Experience working with offshore software development teams and / or 3rd party ECU suppliers
- Experience of model based development using Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow
- Primarily located at Gaydon.
- Occaional travel to other sites may be required including overseas.
- Safety footwear will be required in workshop / manufacturing areas.
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502513