Graduate Helpdesk Engineer
Are you a recent College or University Graduate?
Are you looking to take your first step into an IT career?
Are you a switched on, enthusiastic people person who has a passion for IT and solving problems?
Are you immediately available and have computing, database and mathematics qualifications?
Do you have an understanding of CAD/CAM Software and CNC Machining?
Our client is currently seeking a Graduate Helpdesk Engineer to be located in their Tamworth office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Global IT Company and kick start your career with superb prospects for enthusiastic and ambitious candidates.
Hours of Work 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Initial Duties and Responsibilities during Training / Learning period:
- Answer phone calls from customers and Log calls on our internal helpdesk system
- Listen to voice messages, Log calls and e-mail / call customer to make them aware their call has been received
- Read any new support e-mails to support, Log calls and e-mail customer to make them aware their call has been received
- Call customers and gather additional data about problems they have logged (Details of problem, example data (Nests / Parts / Post Processor / Database / Special tool data) as required
- Create Update disks and send to customers
- Create New Install disks, Allocate Hardware Lock Keys, Obtain License Documents (from our US office), package up and send to customers
- Call customers to chase signed License Documents that were not obtained by Engineers
- Assist during training courses
- Skills / Attributes Required:
- Good Verbal Communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Work confidently within a team
- Ability to plan activities and carry them out effectively
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and able to work to deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and e-mail
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Skills that are not essential but are required for the area of business:
- Experience of using 2D CAD/CAM software.
- Experience of using 3D CAD software.
- Understanding of CNC machines would be a benefit, including the following:
- OxyGas Cutting
- Plasma Cutting
- Laser Cutting
- Waterjet Cutting
- Knife Cutting
- Press Brake
Duties and Responsibilities after Software training
- Start looking into problems logged to see the solution to the problems
- When calling back to get extra information start to try and solve the simpler problems
- To ask for assistance for more complex problems from UK Staff.
- To provide assistance to sales staff when other engineers are not available
- To arrange for USA technical support where problems cannot be resolved in the UK.
- Duties and Responsibilities after 3 to 6 Months
- To provide first line helpdesk support to external customers, internal sales staff and Resellers, assisting them with software problems via remote sessions, phone or email.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To respond to enquiries from customers and help resolve software problems.
- To maintain a log of any software problems detected.
- To Support users in the use of software by providing necessary training and advice.
- Longer Term Duties and Responsibilities can include
- Provide customer training in Office.
- Provide on-site training at a Customer.
- Performing software upgrades and training at a Customer site.
- Performing software installations for new Customers.
- Commissioning of post processors for new machines at Customer site.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504246