Senior Engineer - Facilities
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Facilities
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £32k-£36k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Job purpose as the Senior Engineer - Facilities
The purpose of the Senior Engineer - Facilities is to work as part of the facilities project team in Gaydon, you will be responsible for the refurbishment, modification and initial installation of process equipment as well as offices and buildings. The installation of process equipment will require early feasibility and simultaneous engineering studies, whilst working with process engineering and various suppliers. A good technical understanding is essential. The role will also involve working with architects, M&E suppliers, etc. to develop M&E specifications which are then to be tendered and delivered.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Total responsibility for the project management of all capital investment.
- Liaise with developers, architects, M&E & engineering suppliers and company internal departments to lead ambitious and challenging projects.
- Monitor timing plans and ensure delivery & installation within the agreed time scales.
- Manage budget and ensure this is not exceeded, both in terms of investment and resource.
- Produce weekly status of project to company management team.
- The engineer will be controlling facility projects, with his / her main responsibility being to manage and control contractors that could be working in any area of the facility. This will involve the following activities:
o Specification - Investigate the customers' requirements determining and identifying the most appropriate solution. This solution will then be turned into a written specification to be issued for quotation.
o Vendor Selection - Evaluate and investigate supplier tender submissions and recommend the preferred supplier.
o Design Development - As more detail becomes available the facility design may need to change the project engineer will be responsible for monitoring and controlling cost changes.
o Equipment Manufacture and Installation - Ensure the standard of equipment and installation is acceptable to our client.
o Commission - Ensure the plant and equipment operates within the specification and achieves the targets set out in the specification and meets all legislative requirements.
o The successful candidate must understand CDM and the use of method statement and risk assessment.
o Cost and project Management.
Qualifications & experience
- Relevant experience of managing and controlling facility installation projects
- HNC qualification
- AutoCAD experience is essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Automotive experience would be highly advantageous
- UK travel may be required
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Senior Engineer - Facilities, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504279