Probe Business Services are recruiting for a Financial Controller to join our client who is based in Tamworth. The business is a leading manufacturer of high performance components. Reporting to the Group Head of Finance the Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- Hands on management of the operational and transactional financial activities of the business, ensuring compliance with internal procedures and external standards.
- Produce monthly management accounts with appropriate understanding and commentary for presentation to the management team and Board of Directors.
- Assist with the consolidation of the expanding group accounts as appropriate, working closely with the Group Head of Finance.
- Lead year-end audit activity with external auditors, ensuring compliance with Group policies so that the company and group statutory accounts can be filed in a timely manner.
- Manage the annual budget process, and ensure consistency with other Group companies.
- Detailed, proactive cash flow management, both short and medium-long term
- Supervision of the accounts team of three, responsible for the transactional aspects of the finance function (payroll, AR, AP, HMRC submissions, expenses)
- Assist in developing appropriate methods and techniques to help analysis company financial performance and to offer solutions for improvement.
- Provide insightful analysis to the senior management team on an ad-hoc basis
- Produce relevant KPI?s for regular (weekly/monthly) review
- Deputise for the Group Head of Finance when required
Financial Controller Characteristics
- Qualified accountant, preferably ACA or ACCA - technical accounting expertise with a commercial business mind-set, probably trained in audit but then moved into an industry role quickly
- 4 years + PQE in industry
- Experience of a manufacturing environment advantageous
- Experience / exposure to a group structure advantageous
- Highly IT literate
- Self-starter and proactive
- Team player with strong business performance focus
- Strong people management skills with an emphasis on team development
- Able to challenge the status quo
- Experience of dealing with non-financial management and confident in communicating transactional across all levels of the organisation
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious Financial Controller to join a growing business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487974